Sunday, January 3, 2016

Goals


Last year I did not set any goals. I knew I wouldn't have time to work on them, so I didn't even try.

2016 is different.
I started taking charge in December. I didn't want to wait until January to make the traditional resolutions. In December I set the goal to cut back on work at my second job, and to schedule work out time in my schedule.

I did BOTH!!!

For 2016 I would like to set monthly goals.

January's goal is to continue to train for my half marathon in March.
And to have lunch every day. 
Sounds crazy, but some days, I go without lunch and then scarf down all the food I can find at the office at 430. I work strange hours. Some days its 7 AM to 8 PM, sometimes its 10 AM to 8 PM, sometimes 7 AM to 5 PM.  Many days lunch is provided for us. BUT, its often pasta and I cant eat tomatoes. I forget to pack my lunch, so I go without.

For the half marathon: I have a plan, it is printed out, and I want to complete it!
In the past I have always printed plans, but never really followed them step by step. This time, I have a plan and so far, I've followed it!!
For lunch: I NEED TO PACK!!!





Other goals that I will work on and develop in another month:
16 half marathons in 2016.
Sign up for races even when I know I may  be last.
Blog more often.
Eat healthy/Lose weight (need to get more specific on this one)
More sleep
Love myself.



3 comments:

  1. 16 half marathons in 2016!!! I am super impressed! hmmmm After my aborted half marathon attempt (I had pneumonia which TOTALLY messed up the training and any kind of running for WEEKS!) I haven't gotten the gumption to do it again...I may have to revisit this idea again soon.

    I do really well with a written out plan. When I was training for my first 10K and for the aborted half marathon. I printed up a plan taped it to the wall at my desk at work. (Hey, I spend more time in that seat than anywhere else probably). Every day I would come into work and I would look at the schedule of what had been scheduled for the previous day and what was scheduled for the current day. I would write my exact mileage and/or exercise that I had completed the day before and highlight/color in my successful days! It was a huge visual reminder all day of where my goal and focus was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Sounds like good goals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back blogging, Deb! What half marathon plan are you going to follow? And what race will you be doing? I'm only doing one half this year, in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!