Saturday, June 6, 2015

Deckers Creek 2015

Deckers Creek Half Marathon in Morgantown WV. Saturday June 6, 2015. I did this race several years ago, and had a blast.
I was not as prepared for this race as I wanted to be. Its been 1 1/2 years since Ive run a half. I just started running again in January. I regained weight. A lot of weight.

This is a point to point race on a trail (hardpacked for the most part) and then the last 3 miles on hardtop. Buses took us up the curvy windy mountain to the start. The race starts in two waves 15  minutes apart. It is a gradual down hill until mile 9. It runs along a river and the scenery is gorgeous. The trees cover the trail for the first 9 miles, and provide amazing protection from the sun.

There is amazing back of the pack support. Ed rides his bike and makes sure everyone is surviving. I was not as prepared for this race as I wanted to be. I knew I would be doing intervals. I knew I was slower than before, heavier than before. I was hoping to finish at 3:00 but in my head I knew I was closer to 3:15.  There are no race photos of me other than the one my husband snapped as I crossed the finish line.



I will go back next year, and I will take some of those minutes off!!

This year was the first time they handed out a medal.
The shirt was made of recycled material. It is SO SOFT!! I love it.

Time 3:17.00








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!