Saturday, February 15, 2014

The real me



"Once they take away your imperfections, theres not much of who you really are, left." (Thats from memory, not sure if its word for word.

What a powerful video.  They took several women, put makeup on them, did a photo shoot, and then photo shopped their pictures. Then they interviewed the women.

I've always wanted to be the person in the running magazine.  The skinny woman who won the race. The perfect mother who didn't yell at her kids. The wife who made tasty meals. The friend who didnt disappoint. The daughter who disappoint her parents. The coworker who never made mistakes. AND the list could go on and on.

Take away my imperfections and its not really me!! Powerful words to reflect on today!!



Support Amber's Mission Trip. www.amberhershberger.theworldrace.org

4 comments:

  1. We do tend to compare ourselves to others thinking they are without flaws. However, they have problems as well and are not these perfect specimens we imagine them to be. I am slowly getting over comparing myself to others and coming up short. It' s a process for sure. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing video!!!! It made me look closely at myself and what I consider 'ideal'. But more importantly it made me realize to accept and love who I am...even with all the imperfections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we always compare ourselves and we are our worst critics..I am working on trying to change myself to be happy with who I am...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am finally at the age that I am what I am and if I'm not perfect than so be it. Oh of course I'd like to be smaller, smarter, brighter but you know what, I am happy with me. I do the best I can each day and work as hard as my body/mind will let me. It took me until I was over 50 to do that though and really before that life was miserable at times because I wasn't like that model or like the person I thought was so much better. I hope others just don't wait that long. You gotta love yourself, imperfections and all. There are those days that no matter what I hate me, I'm just not "it" but for the most part, I love me and all that I can be and am.
    Take care Deb. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!