Monday, January 20, 2014

Spaghetti Squash






Spaghetti Squash.  cut in half, degut, place upside down in some water, bake, use fork to 'shred' and put in a bowl.



It was ok.  Most of the recipes I found add tomato sauce. I cant eat tomatoes, so I added a bit of butter and went to the fridge to get some parmasen cheese, AND IT WAS GONE!!!!

It reminded me a lot of squash (DUH!) I will try it again, and add more flavor and use some cheese. I think some olive oil and some garlic would be a good combination.
Anyone have a good recipe they would like to share? No tomatoes!!

source



4 comments:

  1. I love spaghetti squash as well. I made a baked spaghetti dish that my husband and son just loved and I made the same recipe again for me with spaghetti squash. It was great. The only thing I could suggest would maybe be an alfredo sauce? Perhaps you could find a skinny recipe or do some experimenting on your own. There are some Asian recipes that take a pasta for which you could try the spaghetti squash but the sauce would probably be more of a soy sauce based thing. I know some stir fried vegetables are served over a pasta and you could do this with the squash. Good Luck and let me know if you create something great because I love this squash as well and will be growing more of it in the garden this year and over wintering it as I do think it lasts a long time in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I just bought one last night! First one ever!!! So I think I'm going to combine it with cheese and/or hamburger, like a hot dish. It should be fun to experiment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone told me to use this in place of spagetti noodles...that it was just as good....and a great trade. I went into the experiment with high expectations, and they were not met. Years later, this is one item I'm thinking about trying again....with a totally blank slate...no expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried spaghetti squash. You go girl. Keep trying new things. I couldn't imagine not being able to eat tomatoes. I hate that I can't eat strawberries.
    Take care and have a nice quiet and blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!