Monday, December 2, 2013

Goals for the week.

Goals for this week.

1. Continue to track on My Fitness Pal along with my logs.
2. Three days of three mile runs, and one mile each of the other days.
3. Continue the Plank a Day Challenge from Shrinking Jeans. Im at 45 seconds and I WILL make it to                  1.30!!
4. Give up diet soda, (once again)

A year ago, I gave up 'full test' soda. I switched to diet. Several months ago I gave up diet soda. The thot of aspartame gave me the willys!!! I was trying to move from processed fake foods to whole foods. Real foods.
I thot I had it kicked, but then stress happened, and I found myself downing Diet Coke again. Its my 'illegal substance'. I LOVE a good cold Diet Coke!!!

I saw this post on Toned and Fit. Ive read many articles, pros and cons. (I can be so easily swayed!!)
Dietitian Cassie. I follow quite a bit of what Cassie says.
Mens Health Magazine  and again. 
Huffington Post
And theres a gazillion more!!! Many are scientific, and I dont understand them!!!

I made this decision on Thursday, Thanksgiving day. I did great!!! Until Sunday at lunch. We took the kids out for lunch before running them back to college. I ALWAYS have a diet Coke when out to eat. Out of habit, I ordered it and took my first three swallows, and then the light bulb!!!

SO, starting over again at day one!! Lets see  how many days I can go!!

Linking up with Long Distant Girls Getting Fit.



7 comments:

  1. Good luck Deb. I hear kicking that habit is a difficult one. You will do awesome I know it.
    Take care and I'll try and get to our blog shortly. My daddy fell and is a bit off so am spending extra time there.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me its the Cherry Coke Zero. Luckily we can't buy it here in Canada so I only get it occasionally when either myself or someone brings it for me from Buffalo.

    Great goals. You really make me feeling like moving more again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love hate relationship with Diet soda. Like you I used to be full test and gave that up a while back. I go back and forth it. I do so good and don't have any for ages and then we go out to eat or they bring me some at work and I drink some. Right now I'm in the stage of I can take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey debbie! thank you so much for signing up for the sock swap! can you please let me know your email address? i left it off the form at first so i'm trying to round everyone up. do you have amber's also? thanks! courtney 3xacharmrunner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand wanting a nice cold soda. It is hard to cut out things like that. Good for catching yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love your goals!! I too gave up all soda. You know after a while, you won't miss it. Just keep at it!
    Keep up the great work!

    Have a fit day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're doing well in December Debs :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!