Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Birthday 5K

Que Creek 5K


Thanks to a detour due to the bridge being out, we got lost several times trying to figure out how to get around the lake. This time the GARMIN DID NOT help!!! She kept taking us in circles to get us back to bridge!! We made it to the race just in time for me to run to grab our packets while the others used the porta pots.

This year the race had a new course, thanks to that bridge that caused the detour. It was more downhill this year. I was hoping for a 35.5....
My watch froze and no matter what I did, it would not reset!!! SO, I was running naked!!

Amber was home for the weekend and she ran with me. Well, more like ahead of me!!
The first half mile was a cluster of people. They had a record 1100 people sign up this year.

I jogged until I saw the mile two sign and realized we were going up a short hill. Took a short break and then I started running again. Down the hill around the corner and saw the finish line.  They handed us a water bottle and we could grab a banana and a bag of pretzels.


We were then bussed back to the start line where we were greeted with this wonderful ness!!!! I indulged (thats my friend, not me!) I inhaled my cinnamon roll!! It was my birthday treat!!

I was disappointed with my time. I was a minute slower this year than last year, but Im 15 lbs lighter.


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Looks like a fun race day!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks like a delicious birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Deb! Fitness and 15 pounds lighter is a very nice gift to yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it was your birthday. I am a terrible partner in crime I didn't know this. Jim's b-day was the 15th, I can remember yours if you tell me the exact date.
    Next year I will be on the 5K's again. I'll get there.
    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!