Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly recap

Saturday reminded me how quickly life can change!! I got a call around 8:20 AM "Say a prayer for T, he wrecked his bike, and its not good."
T and another friend, K, participate in a 100 mile bike race in our area every summer. They started at 7 AM all bright eyed and ready for the day.  Going down a steep hill (well steep for me on a bike!!) and T hit some gravel on the side of the road, slid into a pothole.  He was thrown up over his handle bars, and landed on his head in the ditch. Helmet cracked, having trouble breathing, nose bleeding.  He was sent by ambulance to the hospital.
A CT scan and several xrays later, we learn he has a small fracture in his neck, and some compressed discs in his spine. Some chipped teeth, stitches on his nose, and dirt in his hair. A transfer to another hospital with a neurosurgeon an overnight stay, more xrays.
He is going to be ok. Sigh of relief. Needs to wear a brace for 3 months. BUT oh how different it couldve been.

Makes you stop and think, and hug those you love a little tighter!  You never know what the day will hold!

Weight: for weekly weigh ins click here:
04-08-13 199.6  +0.3
05-27-13 191.2 -0.6
06-03-13 190.0 -1.2
06-10-13  190.0
06-17-13 188.4 - 1.6 Total 11.2 for 100 Day Challenge.
06-24-13 188.2 -0.2 Total 11.4



Well, crumb buckets !!!! I was hoping for more than 0.2!!! Next week!!

I keep talking about doing Yoga. WELL, today in the mail I received a Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD. Tried it out tonight. HOLY MOLY!!!! Sweat!! Its 30 minutes long, and Im excited to add this to my running/walking!! Thankfully she has a beginner and an advanced.... I cant even do all the beginner moves!!! BUT, I love a challenge, Bring it on Jillian!!!!

Last week
Monday:  Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Run 2  Walk 1
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Run 6 Walk 1
Saturday:  Run 3.75 Walk 4

I had an average of 10000 steps each day!!!  Now that its getting warmer Ive been walking to and from work and that helps.

I stayed around 1200 calories a day. 

I had 100 oz of water every day.

This weeks goals are going to stay the same!

1. 10000 steps a day
2. 100 oz of water a day
3. 1200 calories a day
4. Not eat after 7:30 PM
5.  Be in bed by 10:30 PM
6. Burn 2000 calories per week

To see past week goals click here.

6 comments:

  1. Happy for you that your friend will survive the bike accident. 1 through 6 is very regimented. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend's accident, but so glad he's going to recover. Good luck with your goals this week....you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being in a plateau for SO LONG I'm ecstatic when I get to those fraction of a pound loses. I know you can do it. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that he will be okay.
    Gotta tell me the name of the DVD since you know I've been ready to start it too and the download just isn't working, I have to start in the very begining and that is not where this one started.
    Any loss is a great loss Deb. You are doing great. I'm going to catch up, I am. Just you wait and see.
    Here's to a great week. Keep it up.
    P.S. I would so love to comment on w0rdl4vamps blog but can't. Can you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that's so scary. I'm so glad the accident wasn't worse. After my (minor in comparison) wreck this summer it does remind you just how easy it is to wreck and be injured.

    I love anything Jillian. She's awesome. I think you'll enjoy her routine and doing something a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughts and prayers for T-how terrifying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!