I finally found a recipe for muffins that I think will do the same thing as a bowl of oatmeal!!
This recipe is from Wake Up Healthy.
- 5 Cups rolled oats (I put mine in the blender and made it finer)
- 2 1/2 C over ripe mashed banana (I used 5 bananas)
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 NuNaturals stevia packets (or you can use another sweetener like honey or maple syrup)
- 2/3 C mini choc chips (I sprinkle a few on the top after they bake, rather than put them in the dough)
- 2 2/3 C water (If using a liquid sweetener use 2 1/3 C)
- 1/4 C plus 1 TBS oil (I used coconut oil)
- 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- optional cinnamon, coconut, walnuts, flax, wheat germ, raisins, dried fruit,
Preheat oven to 380. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including bananas). Mix wet into dry, then pour into cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes.
I then freeze the cupcakes and every morning I pull one or two out of the freezer, warm it up, and eat it on the way to work.
MyFitnessPal.com states the nutrition facts are
Friday Challenge thots:
I have pneumonia, so my week has been blah!! Im not hungry, Im not allowed to exert myself!! Im exhausted. Im emotional.
I go to work, come home and go to bed!!
More info on Monday at weigh in.