Friday, April 19, 2013

Oatmeal muffins and Friday

I dont like oatmeal. No matter how I fix it, it makes me gag.  I really do want to like it!! I really do want to get the health benefits from oatmeal.  But, I just cant swallow it!!

I finally found a recipe for muffins that I think will do the same thing as a bowl of oatmeal!!
This recipe is from Wake Up Healthy.


  • 5 Cups rolled oats (I put mine in the blender and made it finer)
  • 2 1/2 C over ripe mashed banana (I used 5 bananas)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 5 NuNaturals stevia packets (or you can use another sweetener like honey or maple syrup) 
  • 2/3 C mini  choc chips (I sprinkle a few on the top after they bake, rather than put them in the dough)
  • 2 2/3 C water (If using a liquid sweetener use 2 1/3 C)
  • 1/4 C plus 1 TBS oil (I used coconut oil) 
  • 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • optional cinnamon, coconut, walnuts, flax, wheat germ, raisins, dried fruit, 
Preheat oven to 380. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including bananas). Mix wet into dry, then pour into cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. 

I then freeze the cupcakes and every morning I pull one or two out of the freezer, warm it up, and eat it on the way to work. 
MyFitnessPal.com states the nutrition facts are 
136 calories
21 carbs
5 fats
3 protein
5 sugar
3 fiber

Friday Challenge thots:
I have pneumonia, so my week has been blah!! Im not hungry, Im not allowed to exert myself!! Im exhausted. Im emotional. 
I go to work, come home and go to bed!! 
More info on Monday at weigh in. 

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sick. Not fun!
    Those muffins sounds good. I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was four bananas... just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think I just fed the last of the dead banana's to the chickens. I figured they needed a treat being stuck in the coop yesterday and today. That's okay, there's more coming. Banana's is the go to fruit here since I can take it just about anywhere's. Love the recipe though, gotta give it a try.
    I hope you're feeling better Deb. It stinks being sick, I know. I'm starting to feel almost normal now and that's a treat after being sick since February. Now it's your turn, take the time to get better.
    House work in progress and starting to look like home again. I knew I had let it go but didn't quite know how bad tell I really got into it. WOW, 2 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat can really make it bad when you don't keep up.
    Take care Deb and have a great day. Relax, rest and get better.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pneumonia! Oh no - take care and rest up...I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get better quick, Debby!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe! You know I'm all over the batch cooking! :)

    I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of having this in the freezer so that you can pull it out for a quick bite to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like oatmeal, but 80% of the time when I eat it I get some sharp pains in my stomach. It's odd. I recently found a recipe for baked oatmeal taht I LOVE. I make a strawberry chocolate version. DELICIOUS!

    YAY you for doign the muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!