Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thankful




My mom rolled her car yesterday. SO thankful for EMS, fire department, friends, and strangers who stopped to help. 

We had 6 inches of fresh snow, and some sleet falling.  

She was on her way to work, Shes 69 years old and she insists on working!! Shes a waitress at a wonderful restaurant in town.  The first thing she said when she crawled out the window was, "Can you call (restaurant) and let them know Ill be a few minutes late. SHE still wanted to go to work!! Stubborn or dedication?!??! Not sure which!! 

She refuses to carry a cell phone with her. She has one, but its HOME IN THE CUPBOARD!!



10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So glad she is okay:) I love that she wanted to go to work, she's got spunk! Maybe now she will carry a cell phone, at least in her car. My mom doesn't carry a cell phone either and I really think she should. Even if she doesn't use it, she should have it for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how scary - I'm so glad your mom was OK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I'm so glad that she is ok!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your mother wasn't hurt, and I'm hoping she's not experiencing after-effects today! From your description, she sounds like someone I'd like to hang out with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord she's okay. She is one strong, determined lady. Sorta like my partner in crime. :o)
    Take care Deb. Have a blessed night sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad she's ok! She sounds like quite a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Glad she is ok! My mom has a cell phone. She only takes it on long trips and she never turns it on. She's afraid to use up the battery!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!