Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shredded Chicken

Ever see something on Pintrest and think, "OH that will never work!!!"

I LOVE chicken!!! And when I saw this pin, I was very skeptical!!!
 It said to boil boneless chicken breasts and while still hot, put in your mixer and mix at 4 - 6 speed for 20 seconds.
(My mixer is broken, but thankfully my mom has a Kitchen Aid and she let me borrow it.)
I had to cover it with my hand, the chicken wanted to jump out when I first started the mixer.
But after 20 seconds this is what I had.
Next time I do this, I will include some spices when its shredding. Any ideas of what I should add (I AM NOT A GOOD COOK and love ideas!!)  This is going to be great for chicken bbq sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, salads etc...


I found this on pintrest and the idea came from Simply Healthy Family .


6 comments:

  1. you could use it for quasadillas or to top of a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time, only I cook my chicken in the slow cooker with some broth. (Can you say lazy?)

    It's great mixed with barbecue sauce, as you said, or mixed with marinara and topped with mozzarella for a little chicken parmigiana flavor. You can also mix it with salsa (and chili beans, if you want) for an awesome burrito wrap. Let's see, what else? Um, that's about it. My entire chicken repertoire. :) OH, and it freezes beautifully! DIY Lean Cuisine!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting - I had no idea you could shred chicken so easily. I will have to try this - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! I would mix some rosemary and garlic into it... and the salsa idea is a good one too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some great recipes on Pinterest! I think I have this one pinned too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought when I first started to read this you'd get a paste but shredded chicken, WOW. I will be putting a chicken on the dinner spinner and I'm sure will have lots of left overs. Gonna give this a try.
    I love chicken any way it's served. In soups, salads, hotdishes, plain. However right now the BBQ chicken sounds awesome.
    Take care and good luck this week. Day one approching.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!