Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Five

Friday Five is hosted by Jessee over at Jessees Spot. 

SNOW!!! Its everywhere (sorry Empty Nester)!!! I sure would love to send some your way!!!

My drive to work on Wednesday morning. This was that BIG storm that was supposed to dump 24 inches on us. THANKFULLY, we only received 12 -14!!! I sat in my driveway waiting for the snow plow to go through so I could follow it up the hill.


And I am so greatful that by Thursday afternoon, the roads were once again just wet, and much easier to maneuver!!!

I had off work this morning so I went on walk with my friend down by the river. The wind was bitey cold!! But it was so peaceful!!! For a few minutes I forgot my disgust at the snow!! I started singing the hymn, "When peace like a river, attendeth my way" and then the hymn says whatever my lot that hath taught me to say "it is well'. WELL, this snow is not sitting well, but ok Lord. AND then ironically I started to slip and slide, and I asked the good Lord, "OK, its well with my soul, now, how bout a "Firm Foundation?" (How Firm a Foundation Ye Saints of the Lord)  Is it a sin to take hymn lyrics out of context?

 Look at this 5 day forecast!! Some sun!!! And 50s!! How beautiful!!

6 comments:

  1. I guess we feel the same about our weather situations. I want yours, you want mine...LOL You had me cracking up at the hymns. A hymn for every situation! No wonder my grandmother always sang them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid and we would sing this at church, I always thought it was "It is swell...with my soul." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a lot of snow!! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, we also got a bunch of snow! I was thinking we were done, darn it. But it was pretty. So glad the sun is shining today. I also have a river that I can walk down to :) I love that part of my town. Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you next Friday, and hope by then, the weather is looking up where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lady during my half this morning started singing the hymn that has the lyrics "up from the grave he arose with a mighty triumph or his foes." She was telling her friend that her grandmother used to sing that one at the top of her lungs whenever they would sing it at church. It made me laugh but it also made me sing the entire song to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you will do awesome Deb. I know you will. Snow, we have another foot on top of the last foot which makes for lots and lots of snow. It's suppose to warm up this week too, not as warm as you guys but into the 30's. We do have a below zero coming but only a couple of nights.
    Good luck Deb. I can't wait to hear about it all.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!