Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Five

Blog Hop Friday Five..... Hosted by Jesse from Jesses spot







1. I have a half marathon coming up in two weeks, and I feel so under prepared. Remind me to NEVER, EVER, sign up for a spring half!!! I loathe cold, and training outside has been torturous!!! I thot about not going, but I signed up with group from work, and "it would'nt look good'. Or maybe Ill be more embarrassed if I do go??

source
2. My daughter was home last weekend. We had a kid movie night and watched American Tail.  Remember Feivel? A mouse from Russia who comes the US and gets lost... and eventually finds his family.  I forgot how scary this movie can be!!

3.  I am deathly afraid of snakes!! Any snake. small, brown, green, baby. Any snake!!!! One night last week, I was dreaming. I was with my daughter and she had to go somewhere, NOW!! I was getting into my van and on the floor board was a HUGE WHITE BOA constrictor!! Im not sure how I could see the whole 1000 foot long thing, while it was just on my floor board, but this is a dream......I screamed and slammed the door.. I woke up from my dream to hear  my husband hit the floor. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I saw him, fists clenched, ready to pounce. He looked at me, and asked, whats wrong? It took me a few seconds to compose myself, and I quietly admitted, 'I was dreaming about a snake."  He didnt console me, just commented, 'Dumb woman." and went back to sleep.  The next day, he said, I screamed so loud that he thot someone was in the house, and he was going to have to do battle.

4. My microwave died. Its been in the family for 20 years!! My exercise fan died. The fan beside my bed died (my husband has a fan blowing on him 365 nights a year) .And my mixer died. The mixer was last summer, but it desperately needs replaced!!

5. Im desperately looking for some free time!!! I received a book, The Half Stitched Amish Quilting Club, from Collette!! I cant wait to sit down and lose myself in a fiction book!!! Nothing to do with eating, or running, or finances!! Speaking of Collette, she has an adorable etsy shop!! 

6 comments:

  1. A half marathon. Have you lost your mind? LOL Good for you! Maybe I'll do that one day. You know, after I'm finally able to run ONE mile without stopping multiple times to breathe. :) I'm the same way as you on the snake issue. But on the cold? I'm so glad that it's cold right now because I can't stand the thought of running when the heat gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved American Tail when I was a kid. And your snake dream made me giggle. My husband it a hobby herpetologist. :) So snakes are part of my everyday world (I was scared of them when we first started dating.)
    I can't wait to hear about your half :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I am not a fan of snakes either!! I couldn't help but laugh about the fact that your scream knocked your husband out of bed - LOL! That is so funny! Sorry about all of your dead appliances... my hair dryers all die about once every year or two. Which is crazy considering it only takes me about 3 minutes to dry my hair! Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you next Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny about the snake dream, your poor hubby must've got an awful fright! I wouldn't like to come face to face with a snake either, though we've none here..supposedly St. Patrick got rid of them!
    Half marathon is a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other night, I was having a nightmare ... not positive what it was other than I felt scared however ... Jim said I screamed, hit him really hard twice and then when he said why did I hit him I told him you deserved it, turned over and went back to sleep. I don't remember any of it. ???? Must of been some bad dream. I hate snakes too.
    Our home phone has died, the dryer was dead for 2 weeks and my blow dryer is fried. Oh and my griddle died. It seems when it rains it pours. Got the dryer fixed the rest I really don't need anyway.
    I'm writing you a letter about Mike and family but wanted to stop by and see what you've been up to. Thinking about joining you for your 5k ... gotta have a first for the year.
    Take care Deb. Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your upcoming half marathon! I'm not a big fan of snakes either so I frequently have them in my nightmares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!