Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Thots

Several weeks ago a Grandmother, Daughter, and Grandson came into work (doctors office), Grandma was upset with the music that was being played in the waiting room.  She wrote a letter to the 'higher ups' and asked that we play Christian music. It would be calming to the patients who are sick or waiting for test results. She proceeded to explain to me and the doctor for 15 minutes why we should play Christian music. The witness we would be, the positive effects it would have on the patients.  She stressed the importance of Christians being a positive influence on the world.

Fast forward two weeks. Same grandmother and grandchild come back. When she checked her grandson in for his appointment I asked her for the note from the mother stating she gives grandma permission to seek treatment for her grandson for todays visit. I explained to her that the rules stated that anyone under the age of 18 had to have a parent or legal guardian with them at the time of treatment.  She said, "Just a minute Ill go outside and write one, and be back in." UM, EXCUSE me! I told her I would not be able to accept that. She proceeded to talk...... and when she gave me free minute, I said something like, "What youre proposing to do is forge a signature, which is illegal, and very unethical".  I stressed the unethical part.

Its people like her, that give Christians a bad name.

BUT it also made me stop and think, when do I cut corners, when do I not show my Christian love. When do I act like grandma?
Stop and think before I speak or act!


“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?



For,“Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to stop and think before I speak. Though I am better at thinking before I act. But the speaking part---that stuff just flies out of mouth before I even hear it good. LOL We're all a work in progress, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good reminder! Thank you for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!