Monday, February 11, 2013

I LOVE POTATOES!!! Almost as much as peanut butter and chocolate!

Trying new to me foods: Take Two, (Im a very picky eater!!)
(Take one was way back in well, I cant find it. I tried a Rutabaga)
Love love love them!! Almost as much as peanut butter and chocolate.
After a good workout or good run, I love some potatoes and eggs!!
I boil them, let them cool, then put some Olive Oil in the pan, shred the potatoes and fry em up!!
I grew up on a farm and we had potatoes with EVERY SINGLE MEAL!!!


SO, in my quest to be healthier, I decided to try Sweet Potatoes. Ive had sweet potato casserole. My sister in law makes the BEST ever!! Full of brown sugar, nuts, yumminess!!! Ive had a baked sweet potato, and I had to add some brown sugar and a bit of butter to be able to handle it. I will get there!!! Anyway, when I peeled it, they looked white, not orange. (Maybe I grabbed a white sweet potato).  I shredded it up, and fried it. I didnt add any seasoning, wasnt sure what to thro in with it. (any ideas?)
Quickly did my 1/2 C of eggbeaters and one real egg, and sat down for my feast.

I actually enjoyed it. Wasnt like my regular potatoes and it may take a bit to get used to, but I think I can handle this as a substitute for the Idahos I usually eat.

5 comments:

  1. I love sweet potato baked fries. Cut Sweet potatoes into long strips, spray on a bit of olive oil, throw on some herbs. Bake. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never eat sweet potatoes, but they are so healthy! I will have to try them this way. Sounds like something better than in a casserole dish with marshmallows on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. throw some cinnamon on the sweet potatoes and see if you like it. if you bake them you can put a little honey on them to make them a little sweeter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Deb! You won :) Send me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange ones are actually yams. The white-ish sweet potatoes are really sweet potatoes. Or at least that's what I was told. I've only learned to like them as an adult but now prefer them over regular potatoes. Yay for learning to like something new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!