Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day

Every year on New Years Day my parents invite us to their house and we eat pork and sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Every year I try a spoonful of kraut, and every year, I grimace and gag, and swallow a big ole cup of water!!

The Christmas tree is bare, the manger scene is back in the attic. (The outdoor lights are still hanging!! I was NOT going to freeze my tuckus off to bring them in!!

 Health stuff:

Vitamin Ks virtual 5K for New Years day: check Thank you for hosting this series of Holiday Runs!! This is the second year I participated!! I did this years New Years run on the treadmill as part of my Couch to 5K week one day one. Im redoing the couch to 5K so that I have structured intervals.  I WANT so much to increase my speed.
Im also doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. ABs lookout!! I left the gym in October and I havent done a pushup or sit up since. OH LORDY!!! Its amazing how fast my strength goes away!!

My calories: 1731 (ouch!)  I need to increase my protein! And decrease my carbs!!
Calories burned: 551


4 comments:

  1. Great job on the 5k on the treadmill. I find it really tough to do on the treadmill. Mmmm I love sauerkraut !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on starting off the year with a virtual race. Good luck with the abs challenge - I'm sure you'll do great.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My de christmas decorating is about in the same state... It is to cold to take the lights down,,,,berrrr. I also had a high carb day yesterday, today is an all protein day. Time to get back on track .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome Deb. I am just going to start back at the gym tomorrow. Since I took a month off I know it will really take me a bit of time to get back into the swing of things but it'll happen. Day one of Allan's plan, hungry but not dying.
    You keep up the great work. I am so proud of all that you've done. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!