Thursday, November 22, 2012

Virtual Runs

6:30 AM. I am NOT a morning person. I would much rather be up late into the night!! BUT, Thanksgiving morning, this beautiful friend talked me into crawling out of my warm bed, and going for a walk! It was 31 degrees. See the frost on the ground behind me? As I stepped off my front porch I heard an Amish horse and buggy coming up behind me. I raced it to the top of the hill. (approx half mile) I won!!! It didnt catch me until we were two blocks from the top of the hill!!

 The sun was still behind the trees when we started. By mile 4 it was starting to peak thru the trees. This picture does not do it justice! The frost was glistening, and the sun was brilliant between the branches.

I used this walk as my virtual races for today. The first 3.1 one miles were for Daily Vitamin F's Thanksgiving Virtual.
My printer is not communicating with my printer right now, so here is picture of my bib. My time was approx 50.02

I used the next 3.1 miles for the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5K.  Time for this was 50.03.
We continued on and finished with a total of 11.35 miles in 3 hours and 11 minutes (pace 16:53) Pretty good for two women out for a walk/talk!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome job Deb! Way to get it done:) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I miss the walking & the trying to run, especially now that it's getting cooler out... I found that I enjoyed it much more when I was making myself keep warm the harder I worked:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't believe you walked that far. Talk about hard core. Thanks for participating in my 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You logged a lot of miles on Thanksgiving! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you raced the horse and buggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!