Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thankful

My heart goes out to all those who have lost family, friends and power, in this storm!!
I pray for those who are evacuating Nursing Homes, ICU's, NICU's.  Those nurses and doctors who had to go to work!!  The EMS, the firefighters, The Police Officers.

I may complain about the water in my basement and the snow in the neighborhood, my husband sitting behind a wrecked semi for an hour on an off ramp. BUT, I am so thankful that I have electricity! that my family members are safe! and that I have warmth!

The following pics were posted by friends on facebook.  I REFUSE to venture out!! I am staying in, so the road crews can do their job!!

My neighborhood.
It started out as rain on Monday first thing in the morning. Then the snow started around 3PM. Its still snowing, but it has tapered off. Approx another 6 to 8 inches to fall.

This is the Snow Emergency Route.  Down to one lane beside my parents house.  We also had some lightening and thunder during the night. Every time that happens we have blue snow.  Im sure there's a scientific reason for it, but every time, it just amazes me!!!





5 comments:

  1. Thankful you are well and warm; prayers for your basement. I have heard from all of our family effected by the storm and they are all well too. Very thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like it was a bad one. Glad you are well and warm. The blue snow is pretty cool, too bad it takes something rather scary to cause it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen blue snow - that is pretty cool! But the rest? Holy cow. Glad you are ok; this was one incredible storm. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are alright! Blue snow? I've never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I haven't stopped by in a bit. It's just been so busy. You have done amazing with your running and your races.
    I am so glad you are okay with all that has happened. Just staying home is the wises decission. Sorry about the hubs. Hope all turned out okay there. I drove semi for 9 years, being stuck in weather and in a wreck is not the perfect way to spend the day.
    Stay safe, keep up the great work. Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!