Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

This month I received my box from Lorilee. Love the pictures she taped on the inside of the box. (I tore the other one in my excitement to get to the food! (My son is using my camera for a class at school so I had to use my cell phone, hence the blurry pics)





 Loved the spoon that came with the peanut butter and chocolate!! Ate that and the pretzel together. YUM!!! And that apple butter!! Amazing on a warm piece of bread at supper time!














Took the fruit to work as a mid afternoon snack. And the pumpkin bar!
The curry is something I haven't tried yet. She sent me a recipe and I will be trying it the next time my kids are home from college!!



Would you like to participate in Foodie PenPals? Here are some basics, but click on over to Lindsays blog for specifics and details.

You send a box to someone, and someone else sends one to you. I have been pondering this for several months, I was so afraid of sending something someone wouldnt like, etc....... BUT, in February, I decided to take the plunge. SO MUCH FUN!!

On the 5th of the month you receive an email that tells you who you send your package to. It also includes their email so you can talk to them and find out if they have any allergies, or dislikes.
There are over 350 participants from all over the World. (IF youre in the US you only send to US, in Cananda only to Canada)
Then you go shopping, $15. maximum!! You can also send some of your own baked goods. Send your package to your pal by the 15th of the month, and on the 30th, you write a blog post to reveal your goodies.
To sign up for Foodie PenPals

3 comments:

  1. looks fun, someday I'll be more organized so I can participate maybe! I love that crunch dried fruit... or I love the thought of it cause I haven't had it... LOL! I do like the dried fruits like that though, I'll have to see if I can find that combo... I've only found pineapple so far & it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see this and think it would be fun:) Not sure what I would send people, although Seattle is known for lots of fun treats:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by for a visit from Lean Green Bean today.
    Since this is my first time participating in Food Pen Pal I thought I would see what people are sending in their boxes. (to get ideas)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!