Sunday, September 9, 2012

Saturday Long Run

This weeks long run called for 8 miles (or thot it was 8 miles)

Started out HOT and HUMID!!My husband wanted to go to the gym on Saturday morning. So, I decided to tag along and go to the trail. I LOVE running on this trail!!



I haven't been on this section since I was in the running class back in April.
I dont like this tunnel. It has some lights, but they are pretty dim!! Its not the tunnel I don't like, its the possibility of snakes!!!



Can you imagine this view in a few weeks when the leaves turn? Ill have to come back!!

Found this old rusty bike propped up on a post. Wonder what stories it could tell?


I was doing an out and back. (or rather an uphill and back down hill). My goal was to be at 4 miles in under an hour. I made it!! I did intervals. Jog 1/4 mile, walk 1/4 mile etc.

I refueled, (and drank all my water) I HAVE to get a fuel belt!! My hand held does not last me on these longer runs!!

  So thankful for WATER and almonds were waiting for me when I made it back.

 
 I was so excited to see my 4 miles back were much faster.
I will  be going back to the trial to train for hills. I hear the Hershey Half Marathon will be hilly, and I want to be prepared!!

After my run, we had grilled chicken from the Lions Club! YUM!!!! (I did NOT eat the skin!!)

4 comments:

  1. You should be able to see some gorgeous fall foliage in a few weeks! I live at the end Appalachian Mountains in GA. I'm looking forward to the changing seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! That trail looks fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sharing your runs. You are doing so awesome Deb. It is so much fun reading your posts.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great run!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!