Tuesday, August 28, 2012

4th Annual 5K


Every year our church hosts a 5K.  There are four of us who get together every year in April to begin planning, and by the3rdh Saturday in August we have completed another run.
This was our 4th year. The 5K originally started as a way to raise money for our new church building. It has grown into a fundraiser for a family who has a medical problem, or financial difficulty.

My main responsibilities are  1) the water table, which I promptly delegated to my wonderful husband, 2) The FOOD, (we all know, I love to eat!!) and 3) Finish line tag puller offer. Racers, PLEASE dont wear your bib on your butt!!! Its really gross for me to pull off your tag and grab your booty, and feel your butt sweat!!!

Food:
  • Bananas,
  • Water,
  • Muffins,
  • Chips,
  • Oranges,
  • Graham Crackers,
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This year oldest and youngest kid competed neck and neck. This is them at the first water station.
My heart soared as I saw them come around the corner to the finish line. Branden eeked out Amber by mere 100ths of a second.




And my beautiful sister!! She recently lost 50 lbs and has started taking up walking/running.  This was her first ever 5K.  She did intervals. She finished under 45. I am so so proud of her!! We had to skip our Monday morning walk, she said her legs felt like jelly, and steps were hard. I told her, 'welcome to the world of running'.


Every 1/2 mile we have a Bible Verse.


6 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great race:) That bible verse is one of my all time favorites. It reminds me of what I should always be striving for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so proud! Yahhh!! Congrats on the finished race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love races! Such a fun way to race money for good causes and get fit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cool. Family running/walking together. I love it, I truly love it. Thank you for sharing.
    Take care Deb. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!