Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kick me!

The Voices Within and Searching for Fireflies both gave me much needed encouragement/kick in the butt,  this week!!!
The last two weeks have been exhausting. I would write a post, and then delete it. They all sounded whiny and complainy. One of my biggest pet peeves is whiners!! They are so high maintenance. I was sounding like what I despise.

The final kick in that pants came from the pulpit today.
Phillipians 2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing.............. I believe this is in reference to the Children of Israel who were wandering the desert, BUT it also applies to ME!!!!
Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world, a city on a hill can not be hidden. ................... People are watching me, and my reactions!

The past two 'whiney' weeks, bullet style
  • Coworker B was fired.
  • Coworker S was moved to another office.
  • Coworker A decided to go on vacation for 10 days.
  • Coworker C and I were left to do the job of 5 people.
  • Two secretaries left to answer 4 phone lines, causes grumpy patients.
  • I ate one dozen frosted pumpkin cookies within 48 hours.
  • I drank a case of diet coke in 10 days
  • I cried myself to sleep from pure exhaustion twice.
  • Part time jobs cannot wait even tho full times jobs take up more time.
The past two 'what I learned' weeks, bullet style
  • Getting up at 5AM to walk four times a week can get rid of lots of stress
  • Smiling even when you dont feel like it, makes life much easier.
  • Using please and thankyou really does go a long way
  • No matter how bad your day goes, it will end
  • You are stronger than you think
  • One dozen pumpkin cookies does not cure stress


Challenge starting weight: 181.3
Current weight:  182.8  up 1.5lbs

Last weeks challenge was to lose two pounds.  I did not lose the two pounds. At one point (after my pumpkin cookie fiasco) I was up to 189.
This weeks challenge was to go Vegetarian. I started researching Vegan, and I got REALLY scared!! Theres a lot of food that Vegans do not eat, that is not meat!!!! So I reread the challenge, and I realized that this challenge was geared towards not eating meat. I breathed a sigh of relief, bought extra veggies, and had a great week, eating wise.

THIS weeks challenge is to find a 5K and sign up. 
Im going to use my Hershey Park half marathon. I dont have the extra money to sign up for something else right now. OR I could also use the Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K. IF anyone is looking for a 5K that is FREE!!!!! and you could win prizes, check out this one. You can walk, run, hop, skip, etc.....

For Deannas Me and You Getting Fit, I again failed to complete my recipe. Grilled Fruit.
This weeks Challenge is to eat some high fiber new to you recipes. This one is hard. When I increase my fiber, I have 'problems' on my runs. I have to make sure I have several bathrooms readily available!!!! For this challenge Im going to go with beans. I HATE beans!!!
AND I am also going to grill some fruit!! I will catch up with this challenge!!

Sunday: off
Monday: Walk 4 miles, abs
Tuesday: Body Pump
Wednesday: Walk 4 miles, abs
Thursday: off
Friday: Walk 4 miles, abs
Saturday: Walk 6.5 miles, Body Pump, Body Combat.





10 comments:

  1. Whiny is me. I don't want to, but I need to. This is just so stupid of me Deb. I know what I need to do but I'm just so darn tired all the time. I do get up at 5:40 and get my walk in but that's all I've been doing. Eat, tracking and other exercise...blah, it's gotta stop. It just has too.
    I will start working on a virtural walk/run this week. Gotta make it fun and interesting or at least the prize needs to be good. Hummmm, what should it be? I'll figure that out.
    Good luck this week. Keep that water going in, try those beans (me, beans are nasty...gotta find fiber else where's). Take care my friend, blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is entitled to whine occasionally, especially when it's work-related. Good job on the veg week! Breathe. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Virtual 5k's! I am so totally already signed up for that one, glad to be doing it with you.

    Sometimes we all have to do a little complaining to start feeling better. I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love beans I have no idea why lol! Keep you chin up and keep going you are doing great and you will see a great success this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are having a tough go at work and that can break ANYONE'S resolve. I hope this week is a bit better and that the exercise and please and thank you's are saving graces this week! Don't worry about the gain - just shake it off and try again this week. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever a sermon used to hit me over the head like that (which was nearly every Sunday) my BFF and I would just go ahead and say, before the sermon, "I'll see you UNDER the pew." LOL Sounds like a rough week to say the least but it also sounds like you paid attention and learned some valuable life lessons! That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've had such a hard week. Sound like you really need a hug. Hope it calms down soon. Work related stress can be a big factor in weight gain and I can totally understand that. And you are not whining! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice workouts! Does this mean you can't read "Free Rant Friday" anymore:) I am such a whiner! Off to check out that virtual race, sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a rough week or two indeed! Holy cow. I do love this line though: One dozen pumpkin cookies does not cure stress. I agree. It is funny after all this time when I am really stressed, I want to eat SWEETS! Most of the time. I don;t, but sometimes, like you, i do....

    You asked me about bikes in your comment on my blog: I would recommend a good hybrid bike. They usually have wider tires and are overall more comfy. The new ones are also very light. My hubby just got a Trek. They are a little spendy, but his is a gem of a bike. Depending, too, on where you live and where you will ride in you want to be sure that you have a gear ratio that will take you up and down elevations. Most newer hybrids should handle this fine.

    I have learned a lot about bikes by surfing the "net. One of my favorite biking blogs is full of good info on all kinds of bikes, gear and such, complete with lots of vintage info too. The blog author lives in Boston so she rides up and down hills everyday. http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/

    Mostly, I think it is important to get a bike that fits you well. I am short, so I spent a little extra money to get the right frame for me. It has paid off in spades, too!. No secret that biking is my exercise of choice.

    It is getting to the end of the season, too, so you might be able to get some good deals

    Can't wait to see what you pick out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bullet point of what you've learned. We're all whiny at some point or another; it's natural. Your exercise plan looks great. Hope this upcoming week is better for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!