Saturday, July 21, 2012

Julies Virtual

GRRR That fat roll!!!
Today was the Western PA Epilepsy Fun Run/Walk. My youngest son, Branden, created a team in honor of my daughter, Amber, who was diagnosed with Epilepsy in 1998. Branden will be a Junior in High School next year.  Before he graduates he has to do a community project, and then do a presention. So, he created a team, raised funds by selling Christmas cookies, having a yard sale, and mailing letters to local businesses.  Our team raised 710.00 for the Epilepsy Foundation.
I ran the 3 mile, my husband, Amber and Branden walked the two mile.  I was a little worried because I havent had a good run in two weeks. Ive been walking three times a week with my sister, and my running has taken the back burner. This race was not officially timed. There was a clock at the end of the race, but there are no posted times. Its a true FUN RUN.



 It was .1 short!!! After I crossed the finish line, I walked to make it up
Mile one: 11.26
Mile two: 12:05
Mile Three: 11:29

I HAVE NEVER run a race and been under a 13!!!! I was so excited!!! This is the fasted I have ever run!!! My intervals are working!! Im getting faster!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great run, Debby!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo! Congrats Debbie! You did an awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Doesn't it feel great when your hard work pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your progress, that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you Deb. I am so proud of your whole family and your son doing this for his sister, now that is something to shout from the house top. You are an awesome family!! Your times were terrific and you look beautiful running. Thank you for being part of my challenge.
    Take care and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Julie's post. It is so wonderful what uour son has done and that your whole family has participated. You did an swesome job! Congrats on your personal record.

    I also participated in the virtual 5k. Here is my link if you are interested in reading aout my results.

    http://subliminallyrosie.blogspot.com/2012/07/virtual-5k-and-i-didnt-puke.html

    I also belong to DailyMile and plan on sending you a friend request.

    ReplyDelete
  7. silly me.. we are already friends on dailymile. I didn't recognize your picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!