Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal


I received a wonderful package of delicious food from Evette.

 She dries veggies in her oven.  These were SO good!! I tried something new. I have never heard of taro before. I did some research and its a starchy vegetable. Sounds like a potato, no wonder I loved it!! I havent found any around here, but I will continue to look!!
Homemade cookies!! Peanut butter cookies with raspberry jam!!! I had one every day with my breakfast! They were delicious!


Granolda bar, HOT chocolate, (that bar seemed to find its way to my daughters room)




These crackers were wonderful. Great granola for after my runs! AND PB thins for a 100 calorie snack at work.  I was introduced to PB in last months box, and now to find out they make cookies. YUM!!!
Thank you Evette!! I was spoiled!!!
And I would love the recipe for the veggie chips and the cookies!!!


I sent my package to Freida at the Purple Oven Mitt.
Would you like to participate in Foodie PenPals? Here are some basics, but click on over to Lindsays blog for specifics and details.

You send a box to someone, and someone else sends one to you. I have been pondering this for several months, I was so afraid of sending something someone wouldnt like, etc....... BUT, in February, I decided to take the plunge. SO MUCH FUN!!

On the 5th of the month you receive an email that tells you who you send your package to. It also includes their email so you can talk to them and find out if they have any allergies, or dislikes.
There are over 350 participants from all over the World. (IF youre in the US you only send to US, in Cananda only to Canada)
Then you go shopping, $15. maximum!! You can also send some of your own baked goods. Send your package to your pal by the 15th of the month, and on the 30th, you write a blog post to reveal your goodies.
To sign up for Foodie PenPals

1 comment:

  1. What a yummy package. Peanut butter with chocolate - oh man! The homemade goodies look tasty, too.

    I am over from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!