Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekly Updates




Walking/Running Challenge hosted by Deanna.
Sunday:  6 miles walking
Monday:  1.5 miles walking
Tuesday:  1.5 miles running
Wednesday:  2 miles running
Thursday:  3 miles running
Friday:  3.0 miles walking
Saturday:  9.5 miles walking
June Totals 58.5 miles

This weeks Challenge was to do 6 hours of excersize:
Sunday: 115  mins  Walking
Monday: 110 mins  Treadmill, abs, weight machines, Body Combat
Tuesday: 135  mins Body Pump, Treadmill
Wednesday: 100  mins  Treadmill, free weights, Body Combat
Thursday: 145  mins  Body Pump, Treadmill, abs
Friday: 60 mins Walking
Saturday: 240 Walking (Relay for Life)

Beginning Weight: 181.3
Todays Weight: 183.0  (+3.0)

Continued Week Ones Challenge to track my food. I added sugar to my tracking, and I realized I go over in my sugar. Ive been adding quite a bit of fruit to my breakfast and lunch, and without even having any dessert type things, Im already over in my sugar!!!

Upcoming Weeks Challenge: Try a new fitness activity or piece of equipment.
Im going to try the Elliptical.  I dont know why, but I have always avoided this machine, and instead gone straight for the treadmill. SO this week, the elliptical it is.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really doing great with all your exercising! And that sugar in fruit really adds up. I don't care for fruit, and eat it only for the nutrients and fiber, so when I DO eat it, it tastes very sweet.

    You're doing well in both challenges. I hope you enjoy the elliptical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the Elliptical. It's a great machine and once you get the rythme it's fun. You'll like it.
    You did awesome with your exercise. Sugar is a very hard thing to break and get a handle on but you can do it. I know you can. And it adds up so simply too.
    Take care Deb and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really rocked the exercise this week - NICE JOB!!!
    Sugar is the devil though, and it can wreak havoc on your best attempts at weight loss. I have a total sweet tooth and it doesn't take much to push me over the edge if I am not careful.
    Better luck this week with keeping the sugar in check.
    Oh, and the elliptical machine that you show in the picture is the very same one I use at my gym. I love it because it allows for three different ranges of motion. Enjoy! It burns a good chunk of calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the elliptical, maybe because I do not have one. And only get to use one on a rare occasions. Enjoy it! Great job on the challenge. btw.

    And don't you just hate it that we have to take into account the sugars in fruit??? That and veggies should just be a free all you can eat type of food. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you're gaining weight instead of losing, however I've noticed that when I exercise a lot, my weight goes up too! I think it must be water retention.

    Good luck on your goals, and don't wear yourself out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man... I freaking love the elliptical. When I started, it kind of made my knees ache, but as I've lost weight, it's gotten a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love the elliptical! I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!