Friday, June 1, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal





 This month I received my Foodie Pen Pal box from Kathleen at The Nut Case. She ran her first 5K at the beginning of the month.  I do not have a Trader Joes anywhere close to me, so I was excited to see the Peanut Butter YUM!!!! The Mango chips were gone within the first 24 hours!! I havent tried the Carrot Ginger soup yet, BUT, my daughter can hardly wait for me to open it!! A Kind bar was new to me as well. DELICIOUS!!!! Thankyou so very much to Kathleen for a wonderful box of amazing food!!!

Thankyou Kathleen!!









Would you like to participate in Foodie PenPals? Here are some basics, but click on over to Lindsays blog for specifics and details.

You send a box to someone, and someone else sends one to you. I have been pondering this for several months, I was so afraid of sending something someone wouldnt like, etc....... BUT, in February, I decided to take the plunge. SO MUCH FUN!!

On the 5th of the month you receive an email that tells you who you send your package to. It also includes their email so you can talk to them and find out if they have any allergies, or dislikes.
There are over 350 participants from all over the World. (IF youre in the US you only send to US, in Cananda only to Canada)

Then you go shopping, $15. maximum!! You can also send some of your own baked goods. Send your package to your pal by the 15th of the month, and on the 30th, you write a blog post to reveal your goodies.
To sign up for Foodie PenPals

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I do have a Trader Joes but rarely go, I should check it out more often:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so cool. Just might have to particapate. I don't know what Trader Joes is, we don't have one of them up here and never look to see if there was one anywhere we went.
    Thanks for stopping by Deb, I always love when you do that and your sweet comments.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Trader Joe's. We got one last year and I go every week! If you like the Mango chips, you should try the Pineapple ones! To. Die. For. And I just discovered their Cocoa Almond spread- so delish! Love the idea of the Foodie PenPals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought it would be dangerous to live near a Trader Joe's. They have so many great things that you can't get at a normal grocery store. The Carrot Ginger soup looks good. It actually inspired me to find a recipe so I could make it at home.
    http://www.eatliverun.com/carrot-ginger-soup/
    Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!