Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One less tooth

NO running for 5 days
NO weight training for 5 days
NO walking fast for exercise for 3 days
NO sucking through a straw
NO solid foods for 2 days
NO blowing my nose for 2 weeks
NO sneezing (HOW DO YOU STOP A SNEEZE!!)
If water comes out your nose when you drink, call us immediately

I crawled up into the dentists chair, told him about the pain.  He felt around in my mouth and looked at me suspiciously. He said, Well, I dont think its anything, BUT, we'll get an xray. Of course, his doubt, made me wonder if I was being a whimp!!

He came back a few minutes later and told me, 'We have an abscess. You can have it pulled or we can send you for a root canal" Without skipping a beat, I said, "Lets pull it" He pulled out a VERY LONG needle and proceeded to stick the roof of my mouth three times, and above the gum line, MULTIPLE times. Immediately, it felt better!! NUMB!!!

Several yanks and it was out!! The reason my face wasnt swollen and the pain went up towards my eyes is because the infection went that way. I wont give the gorey, pussy, bloody details!! Altho he did say, if I drink some water and it comes out my nose, I need to let him know. Apparently those back teeth are very close to sinus stuff, and its possible that when he pulled that bloodclotty pussy tooth, it may have torn the sinus tissue.

 I went back to work with my antibiotic and my pain medications and one less tooth.




6 comments:

  1. Ouch!! So sorry you had to go through all that! I hope you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sneezing?! What?! How do you even order that? The fact that you had to go back to work?! Mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man... I had one yanked out last year. May.. Same thing Abcess but it was the bottom. I worry so much about those upper teeth being so close to the sinuses. You'll be okay though... If something weird is happening... Get in in quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That looks painful, but I'm sure you're glad the tooth and pain is gone. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I'd be in bed for days! I can't believe you went back to work. Hope you are healing w ell:/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I hate pulling teeth, the "crater" that's left behind is so uncomfortable. Hope you heal up without problems :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!