Monday, April 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal

Food Pen Pal reveal day!! Want to join for next month?  Foodie PenPals. Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean is the coordinator.

I was paired with Stacie from California.

I received an email letting me know that my package was in the mail, and she told me to have a glass of milk ready when I openned it.  And my mouth watered in anticipation!!!

She did not disappoint!!  I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. My favorite food group!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Rice Krispy Treats, No bake cookies, all HOMEMADE!!! A box of tea, Peppermint Chocolate Tea, and a jar of Peanut Sauce.    I put the cookies in the freezer, and then discovered that the nobake cookies were AMAZING straight from the freezer!!! I did save (most) of the cookies to take for our post snack after our walk up the mountain. Two of our kids are in College about 30 minutes from our walk, so we went to visit them afterwards, and I shared what little was left over, with them. THANK YOU Stacie for the wonderful package!!




I sent my package to Miriam from Bellaspire.
 Would you like to participate in Foodie PenPals? Here are some basics, but click on over to Lindsays blog for specifics and details.

You send a box to someone, and someone else sends one to you. I have been pondering this for several months, I was so afraid of sending something someone wouldnt like, etc....... BUT, in February, I decided to take the plunge. SO MUCH FUN!!

On the 5th of the month you receive an email that tells you who you send your package to. It also includes their email so you can talk to them and find out if they have any allergies, or dislikes.
There are over 350 participants from all over the World. (IF youre in the US you only send to US, in Cananda only to Canada)

Then you go shopping, $15. maximum!! You can also send some of your own baked goods. Send your package to your pal by the 15th of the month, and on the 30th, you write a blog post to reveal your goodies.
To sign up for Foodie PenPals

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! What a haul, that looks awesome! What a fun little thing to be a part of. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!