Sunday, April 8, 2012

E to E Final


Guiding quote: The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now. Zig Ziglar




Thankyou Mir and Angela Pea for hosting another wonderful challenge!!

Starting weight on New Years Eve was 196.0
Todays weight: 187.4
Loss of 8.6
Kinda disappointing. BUT, it is a loss!!

Measurements:
Starting tire one  44
Ending tire one 42
Starting tire two  48
Ending tire two 46.5
Small loss on both
Goal dress:

This is what it looked like on me when we started.






This is what it looks like today. It does fit much better. BUT, you can still see tire one and tire two. I will keep working and this dress will fit me the way I want it to!! I will win this war!!!





Starting Goals:  1200 Calories a day. I increased this to 1500 a day after a talk with one of the trainers at the gym.
Exercise: Body Pump twice a week. This became once a week, because the second class was always full and I could never get in. I did add Body Combat twice a week. And I continue to run three times a week.
Book: Body for Life.  This book focused quite a bit on the mental part of weight loss. It broke down the different phases of a womans life. I did realize that some of my 'forgetfulness' is normal, and that the premenipausal punch is gonna happen no matter what I do.  The end of the book had quite a few exercises and great tips.




Support your buddy: I was very fortunate to be paired with Up in The Cosmos She did an amazing job of supporting me, encouraging me to eat my veggies (yuck).  She even sent me a package of goodies and a brita water bottle. She is doing fabulous at conquering 5Ks and she did an 8K recently too!!!

Remember: Make good choices!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made progress. The loss shows in the belly, for sure. Because you were exercising, those 8 pounds are a lot more than an 8 lb loss for someone who is sedentary. On this journey,that's one clear thing I learned. :D

    Happy Easter...I know you will deflate those "tires" and make your future goals. Be well, D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great stats! I have that book, I need to pull it out and read it again. What a fabulous buddy you had/have :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss!! Keep it up!

    Stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you over took me and are less than me now. I'm jealous and will have to try to catch up. J/K, I'm so happy for you! I can't see any "tires" in that dress. It looks great on you Deb!!
    Will be staying in touch for sure. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!!! Deb, this was an awesome challenge for you. I am so very proud of you.
    You look beautiful. Keep up the great work. I will be here to cheer you on. Blessings my friend. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the third time I've tried to comment tonight. UGH!!! Okay here it is....

    YEAH!!!! Deb I am so proud of you. You did awesome and you look so beautiful in that dress.

    I won't be going anywhere's. I want to learn and enjoy and be part of your journey to the healthiest you possible.

    Take care my friend. Blessings. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome and will continue to do so! You should smile in your pictures, you're a beauty:-) Ok, I shouldn't talk much since I tend to shy away from the camera but trust me a smile does wonders:-) Thanks for all your support & encouragement through this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tire 1 and Tire 2 are less prominent! It's totally visible in the dress. :) You're lookin' good lady. 8lbs.. you worked hard for it. Keep working! :) Never give up, Never give in! You are wonderful. Thanks for the support and for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!