Sunday, March 4, 2012

Up hill both ways

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COUCH TO IRONWOMAN!!

She is sponsoring a virtual 3.4 mile run/walk to be completed by March 9th!
I used this virtual race as part of my training for this............

Notice it climbs over 1200 feet!!! I drive up this mountain once in a while, and its STEEP!!!
So, for some help, I went to facebook and asked some of my math wizard friends what incline  1200 ft would be on my treadmill.  For 3.5 we will be walking at a 6.5 incline(treadmill).

So for my 4th training WALK on the treadmill, I used a 6 incline and I did mile one at a 3.2 pace, mile two at a 3.4 mile pace, and mile 3 at a 3.6 mile pace. I know that walking up the mountain will be much harder than a treadmill. The road wont be moving under me.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I wish you the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, don't you just love the idea that you are doing these. Last year or the year before you wouldn't of even considered them and now look at you. WOW are you an inspiration. Thank you for teaching, sharing and showing us the way.
    Take care and relax and enjoy your evening. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... I've never posted anything on facebook that required a scientific calculator to figure out... lol! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! WOW! This is so inspiring. I hope you can post pics of you walking up that hill. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Make sure you go input your final results, here: http://fromcouchtoironwoman.blogspot.com/2012/03/birthday-virtual-race-finish-line.html#more and enter the giveaway on the Rafflecopter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that had to be a tough workout walking at that incline!! Good for you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds sooo hard! Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome.... hills suck so KUDOS to you for tackling them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!