Friday, March 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal



This month I participated in something new. Foodie PenPals. Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean is the coordinator.

I recieved this wonderful box of goodies from Lyn of Life Lyn Style.


 How did she know Ive been trying to add Oatmeal into my diet. UP until now its all been mushy and slimey and I can never finish a bowl. She included a recipe.  SHE DOESNT COOK IT!!! I ate the whole bowl!!! WHY did I not think of this!?!!?!? Every thing in the box is from her breakfast menu. Granola, raisens, oatmeal, cinnamon, REAL MAPLE SYRUP!!!And look at that beautiful card. HOMEMADE!! with a wonderful note. Thankyou Lyn for the wonderful box of goodies!!
The oatmeal recipe:
1/2 Cup raw oats
1 chopped apple (or other fruit)
1 C milk
1/4 C raisens
Heavy dash of cinnamon
1/4 C granola
Mix everything except the granola and let it sit while she gets her husbands lunch and kids breakfast. Add graola just before eating.


www.lottieanddoof.com/2011/04/baked-oatmeal/

To see the box that I sent, you can check out Lauren at Fooood4theheart.

Would you like to participate in Foodie PenPals? Here are some basics, but click on over to Lindsays blog for specifics and details.

You send a box to someone, and someone else sends one to you. I have been pondering this for several months, I was so afraid of sending something someone wouldnt like, etc....... BUT, in February, I decided to take the plunge. SO MUCH FUN!!

On the 5th of the month you receive an email that tells you who you send your package to.  It also includes their email so you can talk to them and find out if they have any allergies, or dislikes.
There are over 350 participants from all over the World. (IF youre in the US you only send to US, in Cananda only to Canada)

Then you go shopping, $15. maximum!! You can also send some of your own baked goods. Send your package to your pal by the 15th of the month, and on the 30th, you write a blog post to reveal your goodies.
To sign up for Foodie PenPals

5 comments:

  1. so glad you found an oatmeal trick that worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting...I'll have to give it some thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!

    Have you tried steel cut oats? I like them much, much better than rolled oats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun & the oatmeal sounds great, I love me some oatmeal! Have you ever done cold oats?? So easy too! You can mix all those ingredients that you listed above & then let it sit in the fridge overnight & viola... ready made breakfast for the morning:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummmm, I'm going to try your new oatmeal recipe. I usually just cook the instant stuff with hotwater. I like upinthecosmos recipe too. This is such a cool idea and trade.
    Take care Deb and have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!