Sunday, March 18, 2012

E to E

Well surprise surprise surprise. My weight is up one pound.  193.4 So frustrating!!!! I really thot Id see the 180s this week.
On Tues when I was at the gym, a friend bought me a recovery smoothie afterwards. I was reading the nutrition information and said, OH MY, this is almost 500 calories, thats more than a 1/3 of my calories for the whole day!! One of the trainers was standing there and over heard my comment. He looked at me and said, "Debby, for the amount of exercising you did today, you better NOT be serious!!"  I looked at him and said, "Eric, I dont eat my calories back, Im trying to lose weight, not maintain."  After he picked his jaw up off the floor, he said, " We need to talk!! When you workout like you did today, and you only eat 1200 to 1500 today, I guarentee you, you will not lose weight, you may even gain a little."  So, I asked him if he could tell me more, and of course he had a client walk in the door at that time, so next week, were going to chat about what to eat, when to eat. Etc....
If anyone has a good book on this subject, please let me know. Id love to do some research...!!!!!

Calories:
Sunday: 1240
Monday:  1144
Tuesday:  1262
Wednesday:  1464
Thursday:  1698
Friday: 1273
Saturday: 1349

Excersize:
Sunday: 8 mile walk (16 minute pace)
Monday: rest
Tuesday: one hour body pump, one hour body combat, 15 minute crunches, planks, sit ups, 2 mile run, 1 mile walk (7.5 incline)
Wednesday: 1 mile run, .5 mile walk
Thursday: rest
Friday: 25 minutes weight machines, 1 mile run, 1 mile walk. 15 minutes ab crunches, sit ups
Saturday: one hour body combat, 1 hour running clinic,(1 mile run, 1 mile walk)

Water:
over 100oz every day.
Measurements:
Tire one: 43.00 (same)
Tire two: 48.00 (same)

Melanie just did a 7K for St Patricks day! Shes really racking up the miles! You go girl!! So proud of you!! Cant wait to hear some more juicing recipes!!
Guiding quote: The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now. Zig Ziglar  I think its time for something new. Ill have to look around this week.

8 comments:

  1. I will be interested to hear what he has to say about the calories and workouts. You are doing great on both, though. But maybe he has a secret formula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to look on Marens blog. She was just talking about this topic. Wait, I will give you the blog link here:
    http://flabmountain.blogspot.com/2012/03/key-how-you-will-lose-weight-and.html
    Hope, this helps. We have to be careful not to loose muscles. We want to loose fat, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you must feel frustrated about the pound but this happens periodically to me for seemingly no reason even when I'm doing everything right. I'll be interested to hear what that trainer tells you at the gym. There seem to be so many schools of thought on this issue but one thing I know is that if you keep plugging away the weight will come off eventually despite the ups and downs of the scale. You're doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://jonathanbailor.com/
    That smarter science of slim.
    That´s the website for the book I¨m reading and it talks all about what you just wrote about. I can´t believe how much exercise you do, and to have gained a pound!! That´s just WRONG!
    You really need to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good week. I hope you find the answers to your questions. I know there are people who think you can exercise yourself into a "starvation mode" or not eat enough calories to make up for exercise but I have never really believed it. I did most of my losing at 800 - 900 calories after my surgery. I never went into starvation mode or anything like that. In fact, I have regained because I increased my calories when I went off the plan. I'm struggling now to get back to that plan so that I can get back to my goal. Be sure to read what you can find about this. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your trainer, you should be eating more, I think Thursday is appropriate with your exercise level. :) I'm glad you get to talk to him more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also curious as to what your trainer says. I don't come close to you in the exercise catagory, but I want to learn more about exercise and nutrition, and the why of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!! I'm on pins and needles to hear what he says, too. I've been struggling - exercising daily, keeping my calories to a minimum and yes, I'm GAINING weight! It's driving me nuts. I'm off to check Betty's link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!