Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekly Update

        The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now.
Zig Ziglar

Starting 196.0 12-29-11
Last week 196.4
This week 194.2 (-2.2) FINALLY!!!!! It has been going up and up. Last week I increased my calories. I was so scared!!!! I dont think Ill be able to eat this many every day, BUT, for this week, it did work.

Calories
Sunday  1368 
Monday  1030                                                     
Tuesday 1369
Wednesday  1488
Thursday   1634
Friday  1832
Saturday  1788

On the bulletin board at the gym:  The key to optimizing your workout is to  provide the energy and building materials muscles need when they need them most.  It all begins immediately after your workout.  Timing is everything. Fact: If you dont replace the glycogen (stored sugars) that you burned during your workout within minutes of your last rep, your bodys metabolism begins to quickly slow down, cannobilizing its own muscles tissue for energy.  This is bad. Over time you will need to work out harder and harder to achieve the same results becauseyou will have less and less muscle to maintain healthy metabolism.

Exercise:
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Friday: 4 mile run, Ab work, free weights, med ball work
Saturday: Body Pump, Body Combat, 2 mile run

Water:
Over 100oz every day
Measurements:
Tire one: 44 (same)
Tire two: 47.75 (up .25)
Hips: 47. (down .5)

 In Brad Gansbergs 10K training program, I only have two weeks left!! Then I run a 10K. I hope I can do this outside!! Ive done a 10K on the treadmill, but Id love to try it outside!!! I have 34 of my 650 miles for 2012.


Favorite quote from this week (adlibbed by Debby). "When youre up to your ovaries in stress and motivation has has gone, DO NOT TURN TO A PLATE OF CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!"

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I love that quote, but I remember the other words to it. My boss used to have it pasted on the mirror in his private bathroom. It's quite appropriate. You have had a good week and I'm glad increasing your calories worked! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta-da! Great job! Congrats on that great loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on that loss! Wow! Cross my fingers for 2.2 tomorrow, although I doubt it. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your run record is great! I hope you keep it up. I'm so glad you FINALLY got to see a loss! That stuck place is so dang frustrating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the great loss!! So happy for you. And i love the quote up top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to hang in there! I know how hard it is to be working your butt off and the scale not to budge! I'm really impress with your work-out. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbi, please write me and explain that replacing the glycogen. I'm not sure, well truly I don't understand.
    You are doing so awesome. I am so very proud of you and your running, that is terrific.
    You are doing so well. Keep it up Deb.
    Take care and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... do you run the whole time?? I just can't even imagine. Granted I'm new and still working on 2 minutes at a time but it's in intervals so it's about 10 minutes of running total and a mile if I'm lucky! I'm gonna keep at it cause I want to be a runner like you:-) You are doing fab, congrats on that loss and thanks for that info on replacing glycogen, it's something I definitely need to be more aware of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the loss! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job on the loss! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!