Thursday, January 5, 2012

One down. 43 to go.

Today I crossed one of my goals off my list. 43 more to go!!!
Number 36. Yearly visit to gyn  .01-05-2012

And the second thing she said to me. "Youve lost weight girl!!" And I smiled and thanked her!!
Out of all the thousands of people she sees every year, she remembered me! How amazing is that!! Then she openned my chart and we proceeded with the 'exam'

I have a friend who asked me to sign up for a 1/2 marathon with her. Its the beginning of May. Do it? No? AAAHHHH The decision!!!

For my E2E midweek update:

Weight: I dont know! Im afraid its up, so Im avoiding the scale!  I did fine over the holidays, but now!! I have a sweet tooth craving like I havent had in a very long time!!! Mauren I think we need another Sweet Tooth Challenge!!

Book: Body for Life for Women.  Jen at Body for Life has been doing the 12 week challenge and has inspired me to 'check it out'. (anyone know if Jens doing ok?) 
Ive only read chapter one. SO far she talks about women and men being so very different. That this journey as being so much more than that number on the scale. This is a Mind, Mouth, and Muscle journey.
She also uses lots of 'stories' from many women she has helped.  Today I read, When I didnt control my anger and resentment, Id regain a few pounds or my progress would stall.   HMMM!! so true!! When I feel stress creeping in, or frustration taking over. The weight goes on, whether its because I shove food in my mouth, or because of stress that is changing my 'makeup'. 

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
Lao Tsu


6 comments:

  1. I think signing up for the race is a great idea!! And a huge motivation to kick it in gear:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great when people notice!! :D A race is a fantastic idea, go for it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress is a killer. Prayer and meditation or focused breathing or a walk are stress busters. :D

    On we go....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to work on a half marathon but don't have any of them around here but still working at it.
    I think you should do it and I know that you can do it!!
    Try and relax and take care of yourself. Blessings my friend!!
    And thank you Debby for you kind words and support. You are right I did feel like I failed this week but your quote is so right, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it - do that half marathon! Easy for me to say, right?! Actually, I, secretly, hope to do a half marathon - someday. Anyway, doing the half-marathon doesn't have to be set in stone. Start training for a few months, and see how you feel, and then decide. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's awesome when someone you rarely see remembers & compliments ya like that, it just brightens your day:-) I'm sorta in a dilemma like you are with the 1/2 marathon. I have been debating signing up for a coupld 5K obstical course type runs. The first is in May so I should be completed with my running program by then but I'm nervous about the obsticals cause I'm not so coordinated... LOL! I'm not really even sure what a 1/2 marathon consists of cause I'm so bad with miles & such but I say if there is even a small part of you that wants to sign up then you should cause just showing up and participating puts a feather in your cap no matter how bad or how well it goes:-) I'm having problems with sweets myself so if you do a sweet tooth challenge keep my in mind cause I need to join up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!