Friday, December 30, 2011

Goals



I have never been one to make resolutions for the New Year. In the past I was always afraid of failure. "If theres a chance of failure, then dont even try", has always been my mantra. 


WELL, 2012 is different.  Im making myself a list of goals! 

Yesterday on Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Mel posted the following acronym for goals. SMARTER..... I like this!! This is copied directly from their wall. With this in mind, I made the following goals. I have 366 days. (yes, 366, its leap year)

"If you aren’t familiar with S.M.A.R.T. goals, here’s the rundown of how it works. Goals must be:
  • S pecific – What do I want to accomplish? Do you want to lose weight? If so, how much?
  • M easurable – How will I track my progress or know when I’ve reached my goal?
  • A ttainable – Is this goal something I can actually finish within the specified time frame? Perhaps your goal is to run 100 miles per month. If you’re a seasoned runner, this could very well be an attainable goal. However, if you’re a novice runner, then it probably wouldn’t be as attainable.
  • R elevant – Is this goal something I really care about completing? If it’s not something you care about, then it’s not something that will keep you motivated to finish and complete.
  • T imely – Set a time frame for whatever goal you set for yourself. If there isn’t a time set, it becomes far too easy to procrastinate. Setting the time frame gives us a clear end date we can work toward to help stay on track.
Now, some folks will say that S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals are even better than a S.M.A.R.T. goal. It’s all of the same criteria outlined above as well as these two additions:
  • E valuate – During the whole goal process, we need to evaluate to see if we’re staying on track or if there are tweaks we need to make.
  • R eward – Don’t forward to take time to reward yourself along to way as a small way to help keep yourself motivated to continue
MY GOALS:  I wanted to do this on my birthday but was to lazy never got around to it. So for 2012 I have 44 goals. HOLY CRAP!!! Ill be 44!!!!

1.  Lose 38 lbs by December 31, 2012. Today I weigh 196. On Dec 31, 2012 I will weigh 158 Thats my BIG goal of 100 lbs gone!.
2.  Get more sleep per night. Specifically 6 to 8 hrs a night!
3.  To go to a spin class at the gym (3 times)
4.  To go to a Yoga class at the gym (3 times)
5.  Get a handle on our finances. Make a budget, and stick to it.
6.  Continuously journal/track my food.
7.  Continuously journal/track my exercise.
8.  Eat more veggies. Work up to 4 servings a day. Right now, Im lucky if I get one!! in a week.
9.  Eat more fruit.  Work up to 4 servings a day.
10.  Motorcycle class and permit and license.
11.  Have a professional shoe fit!
12.  Run a 5K without a walk break
13.  Run a 10K without a walk break
14.  Finish a half marathon
15.  Text my daughter at college every day.
16.  Text my son at college every day.
17.  Save $30.00 every month for 2012 Christmas.
18.  Figure out some of the couponing tricks.
19.  Learn to grill vegetables.
20.  Run a race in January
21.  Run a race in April
22.  Run a race in May
23.  Run a race in June.
24.  Run a race in July
25.  Run a race in August.
26.  Run a race in September
27.  Run a race in October
28.  Run a race in November
29.  Run a race in December.
30.  Run a race in February
31.  Run a race in March
32.  Go one month without soda.
33.  Increase my plank hold to two minutes.
34.  Be able to do 10 real pushups.
35.  Have a mammogram.
36.  Yearly visit to gyn.
37.  Run 650 miles.
38.  Read my Bible every day.
39.  Pay off one credit card.
40.  Pay off two credit cards.
41.  Pay off van loan.
42.  TBA
43.  TBA
44.  TBA

Have a blessed year!







LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.~ Psalm 16:5

12 comments:

  1. WOW - sticking to those goals will find you in a wonderful position at the end of the year. We must be careful when the "new" wears off that we don't "undo" our hard work. We know it's coming and must be prepared to face ourselves and keep on. Begin each morning praying for strength and each evening being thankful. 2012 is a blank slate - let's be careful what we write on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From never making resolutions to ......44!! That´s a huge difference. But I like it. I like all your goals and I´m sure your husband will be happy with them too. It will interesting to watch you cross of some of these as you reach that goal.

    Have a good and blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea i love your entire post. good for you kinda inspired me to do my own goals for this year. I can do this I know I can. Thanks lady. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Wow! That is quite a list. Best wishes to you as you conquer that list. Here is to a great and healthier 2012! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE lists... I'm constantly making goals and to do lists and wish lists and etc. I am so happy you're taking it up. It has helped me focus my spare time so much better and helps me relax and slow down all the thoughts that spin in my head about stuff that needs to get done.

    Your list is fantastic. It's very ambitious but if you cross ONE thing off that list, you have found a success! I'm excited to see you tick those off as the months go by! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post to set up a successful year with...

    Happy New Year!

    -Patrick
    Moved my blog to>
    http://responsibility199.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm keep defining my list, I think that is better. But I got a good start on it and I'm ready for change. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Debby! Great goals! You're going to have a very successful year - I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these goals.

    I wonder how many of us who struggle with weight also struggle with budget? For me, they seem to be related. Impulse control/emotional issues, I guess.

    Very, very good luck with these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl!! You can do it!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome goals, I have set some myself but listing them out like this would be good for me... I should do that also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These goals are beyond amazing! You're going to be one busy and successful lady. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!