Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 5K

Today I ran a 5K. for the Virtual Holiday Races hosted by Daily Vitamin F.  If you want to get in on the fun, She has another one for New Years Day.

The printhead on my printer is messed up and it wont print black. So rather than print the bib, I had my daughter take a pic of me and the laptop. 



I started with a 5 minute warm up. I wish I wouldve hit reset and had the whole 5K as a run. BUT, alas, I didnt. My pace was between 13.0 and 13.3.  My legs were abit sore from yesterdays 10K.


Tonight is our Christmas Eve service at church. Time to celebrate out Saviors birth.
The close of the service is candlelighting (or glow sticks for the youngsters) while we sing  Silent Night. So very powerful!

After the service my hubs, kids, parents, siblings, neices and nephews all go out for a late supper to the local truck stop. This tradition that has held since I was 7 years old.  When I was young, money was very very tight for my parents, so we would only be able to get a cup of hot chocolate, and enjoy our family time.  This was huge for us, because going out to eat wasnt something we were able to do.  

 Tonight I had a delicious platter of scrambled eggs and home fries!! YUM, so delicious!!! And, as always we leave a generous tip for the staff who had to work on Christmas Eve.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!