Friday, December 23, 2011

10K

I just ran a 10K!!! Stephanie at Run for Fun and two of her friends hosted the virtual 10K. I was scheduled to run for 60 minutes in my 10K training. So, I decided to take a chance and go for it! So glad I did!!! I took it slow and easy, but I finished!! My daughter was on the treadmill beside me, and we did it together!! So very proud of her!!


I desperately needed a bathroom break, so I had to pause my treadmill. When I got back, it had erased my data, so I had to start over. But add then together and you get 6.21 miles!!!!  It took me 1 hour 27 mins and 2 seconds to run this baby.  This total includes a 10 minute warm up walk and a 5 minute cool down walk.
Most people in the running world would consider this very slow!! BUT, I am proud, I finished, I own this!!!  I RAN A 10K!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wooohooo! What a terrific Christmas gift to yourself. That´s great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Nevermind the time, you finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!! And who cares what anyone says on the time, you did it and you did great!!! I am very proud of you Deb. VERY!!!
    That is awesome. WOW!!!
    I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Take care my friend. Blessings to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!! Congrats, Deb! I'm very happy for you! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!