Yesterday on Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Mel posted the following acronym for goals. SMARTER..... I like this!! This is copied directly from their wall. With this in mind, I made the following goals. I have 366 days. (yes, 366, its leap year)
"If you aren’t familiar with S.M.A.R.T. goals, here’s the rundown of how it works. Goals must be:
- S pecific – What do I want to accomplish? Do you want to lose weight? If so, how much?
- M easurable – How will I track my progress or know when I’ve reached my goal?
- A ttainable – Is this goal something I can actually finish within the specified time frame? Perhaps your goal is to run 100 miles per month. If you’re a seasoned runner, this could very well be an attainable goal. However, if you’re a novice runner, then it probably wouldn’t be as attainable.
- R elevant – Is this goal something I really care about completing? If it’s not something you care about, then it’s not something that will keep you motivated to finish and complete.
- T imely – Set a time frame for whatever goal you set for yourself. If there isn’t a time set, it becomes far too easy to procrastinate. Setting the time frame gives us a clear end date we can work toward to help stay on track.
- E valuate – During the whole goal process, we need to evaluate to see if we’re staying on track or if there are tweaks we need to make.
- R eward – Don’t forward to take time to reward yourself along to way as a small way to help keep yourself motivated to continue
1. Lose 38 lbs by December 31, 2012. Today I weigh 196. On Dec 31, 2012 I will weigh 158 Thats my BIG goal of 100 lbs gone!.
2. Get more sleep per night. Specifically 6 to 8 hrs a night!
3. To go to a spin class at the gym (3 times)
4. To go to a Yoga class at the gym (3 times)
5. Get a handle on our finances. Make a budget, and stick to it.
6. Continuously journal/track my food.
7. Continuously journal/track my exercise.
8. Eat more veggies. Work up to 4 servings a day. Right now, Im lucky if I get one!! in a week.
9. Eat more fruit. Work up to 4 servings a day.
10. Motorcycle class and permit and license.
11. Have a professional shoe fit!
12. Run a 5K without a walk break
13. Run a 10K without a walk break
14. Finish a half marathon
15. Text my daughter at college every day.
16. Text my son at college every day.
17. Save $30.00 every month for 2012 Christmas.
18. Figure out some of the couponing tricks.
19. Learn to grill vegetables.
20. Run a race in January
21. Run a race in April
22. Run a race in May
23. Run a race in June.
24. Run a race in July
25. Run a race in August.
26. Run a race in September
27. Run a race in October
28. Run a race in November
29. Run a race in December.
30. Run a race in February
31. Run a race in March
32. Go one month without soda.
33. Increase my plank hold to two minutes.
34. Be able to do 10 real pushups.
35. Have a mammogram.
36. Yearly visit to gyn.
37. Run 650 miles.
38. Read my Bible every day.
39. Pay off one credit card.
40. Pay off two credit cards.
41. Pay off van loan.
Have a blessed year!