Saturday, November 5, 2011

This weeks Fitness Challenges

Friends Make Fitness Fun

Sunday Total 0
Monday Total  75  40 10K training, 35 free weight, machines, med ball
Tuesday Total 190 60 Body Pump, 90 walk hills, 40 10K training
Wednesday Total 0
Thursday Total 0
Friday Total  90  60 10K training, 30 treadmill, med ball,
Saturday Total 80  60 Body Pump, 20 treadmill, med ball

Grand Total: 435 minutes

Brad Gansbergs 10K  in 100 Days.  I finished the 5K and am now trying to complete the 10K training.  This week there was a long run of 45 minutes. When I openned the pdf file and saw that day, I swore, and cussed, and moped, and whined!!! (not usually me).  And I convinced myself there was no way I would be able to do that so soon after the 5K run.

WRONG!!!!!!! Yesterday, I did that 45 minute run, and I survived!!!

Silly me!! Mental, mental mental!!!


I also entered a challege at the gym. 
This is a fundraiser for the tri team.  In February they have a tri comptetion at the gym.  You run for 15 mins, row for 15 mins, and bike for 15 mins.  The winners get something. (Ive never competed before so I really dont know the details)

As a lead up to the tri competion fundraiser, the gym is sponsoring three months of  training inspiration.  For the month of November, you run for 15 minutes at a comfortable safe pace.  For me it was 4.4 for a total of 1.1 miles

Then at the end of the month you run again for 15 minutes and if you improve by 15% you are entered into a drawing for a free massage. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 45 minute run - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes blog haaa. the Mediterranean diet and 30 minutes a day in the form of a body to the fitnes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!