Sunday, November 27, 2011

Challenges

1. Beginning Weight: 209.8
Current Weight: 204.4 (+2.4)
Total Lost:  5.4 lbs

Give Yourself the Best Gift:
Beginning Weight: 210.2
Current Weight: 204.4 (+2.4)
Total Lost:  5.8

Scale picture:  I cant get my camera to focus this AM> BUT it shows a gain of 2.4.   When I saw MIr posted that we have til Monday this week, my first thot was. YES!! I have 24 hrs to starve that 2.4 lbs back off.  BUT, after mulling it over, I decided NO, that is not what this challenge is about! Its about being honest, to cochallengers and to myself.  Starving off 2.4 lbs is not an honest picture. Altho the gain is not totally honest either.  I did increase my calories for this week. I did start running again, (always makes me hungry) The last three nights I only got 4 hrs of sleep each night. TOM came to vistit yesterday. SO for next week, Im taking my calories back to 1000 to 1200. I will get more sleep.  I wont stop exersizing!

2. Calories: Im staying between 1200 and 1500. This is an increase from 1000 to 1200 that I had been having.

3.Excersize: I did better this week than last week. I restarted my running. I did two 30 minute runs, with some warm up and cool down. Then on Sat. I went on a 9 mile walk. COLD!!! Next time we will wear gloves and earmuffs!!  I found that if Im involved in an exersize challenge, I seem to do better at keeping things moving. SO, I signed up for 10,000 steps a day for the next 5 weeks with Shrinking Jeans,  and some virtual 5ks. For more info, see the side bar.  If anyone knows of others, please let me know.
4. Water. I drank 100 to 125 oz of water/flavored water every execpt Friday!! I love to drink me some water!!

5. Book. Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst:  I kinda lost my 'want to'.  This weekend Im working on getting it back.
My statement for Give Yourself the Best Gift:

"This Holiday Season, I want to contine to lose weight. To be healthy, to not fall off the 'wagon'. I want to encourage others in their journey and learn from them. This Christmas I want to be able to say that I have done my best and see a loss on that scale. I want to learn to control what I eat, when I eat, and why I eat. I want to be in control."

Still working on the last two...........

8. (NSV) Financial....I want to make and stick to a budget for Christmas gifts, food, travel..

9. (NSV) Sleep...Giving my body the rest it needs. This past week was horrible!! I was up late for work/meetings/travel every single nigh this week.

Blessings
Deb

5 comments:

  1. I think starting to increase your exercise is a great thing and usually that turns into a gain, because the fat is turning into muscles. You´ll see a loss next week, I´m sure. Just keep up the good work!

    http://bltnever.blogspot.com/2011/11/cdcc-weigh-in-week-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the gain is a sign of the body gearing up for a good loss, especially if you are adding back in the exercise. Keep at it & I agree, challenges do help:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that you're retaining fluid. Lack of sleep, eating salty--all that can do it. At your caloric intake, it would be nuts for that to be fat. Definitely bloat. Which means give it a few days of eating without too much sodium and getting rest and it will drop off!!!!

    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that as soon I was running my calories had to go up in order to live so you'll find the right amount that works for you.
    Yeah for the exercise and another week to keep trying.
    Take care and have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fact that you refrained from starving yourself so you did not (maybe) need to post a gain. What you did is really important. No excuses, you are being accountable. Good for you! Have a better week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!