Friday, October 7, 2011

Made To Crave Chapter one Review

For the Christmas Dress Challenge, we are challenged to read a book, to help us thru this journey. I chose Made to Crave By Lysa Terkeurst.  She is the President of Proverbs 31 Ministry.  Ive read this book once before just soaking up all she said. Im rereading it and highlighting sections, answering the questions that go with each chapter. Researching some of the Bible verses she uses.

The 'goal' of the book is to learn to satisfy your deepest desire with God, not food.

In the preface she talks about, we already know what we need to do, and should do, ie.. eat vegetables, fruit, exersize, etc.   But we need to find the WANT TO. I really really want to do this, to succeed. Do I truely want to make changes and make sacrifices?  or do I want to 'start tomorrow', 'Im doing the best I can', 'forget it, I cant do this'.  What is my attitude. Do I have my I WANT TO?

She makes the comment that this journey is not just about losing weight, its about 'recalibrating our souls so that we want to change ' spiritually, physically, and metally.'

Chapter One: Whats Really Going ON Here?

Lysa speaks quite a bit about Cravings, Lust of the eye, and Boasting.

Cravings: Trying to get our physical desires et outside the will of God
Lust of the eye: Trying to get our material deires meet outside the will of God
Boasting: Trying to get our need for significance met outside the will of God.

God created us to crave. But it shouldnt be food we crave, it should be Him!


My 'takeaway' verse for chapter one:  Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial  1 Corinthians 10:23

Blessings
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!