Thursday, September 15, 2011

laundry soap

One of my goals is to be a better steward of our money.

Today I made homemade laundry soap. I opted for the powder version cause Im lazy and the liquid looks time consuming, and I dont have an extra pot to boil the soap.

Take any bar soap. I chose Fels Naptha, but I hear you can use any bar soap, such as Dove, Ivory, etc..
Super Washing Soda, and Borax. (I found all these in the laundry aisle at my local Walmart)

I bought a cheap cheese grater and grated the Fels Naptha. (I used the big end of the grater for my first batch).  TO BIG..

I recommend using the small end of the grater.
I now have awesome bicep muscles.
I mixed 4 Cups of shredded Fels Naptha, 2 Cups Borax, and 2 Cups Washing Soda. 

You can see the difference in the bigger grating and the smaller gratings.

One TBSP for regular loads and two TBSP for dirtier loads.

Ill let you know how it works for me.
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!