Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where did the time go?

Early this morning we loaded up our van and car and headed off to college.

Two of my children left the nest today.
Ambers best friend Maria went with us to help move boxes.

Colby and dad taking a break for lunch.

I was amazed at the dorm rooms!! They no longer have to go down the hall to take a shower, or use the bathroom. THEY have them in their room!!! (My son says I can visit if I clean the toilet)
My daughter is in an apartment about a mile off campus. (The university has a shuttle that runs from the apartment complex to the campus every hour)
We unloaded, made beds, and my son was ready for us to leave.
Im so excited for my kids. I cant wait to see where this stage of life takes them! Have I done the best I could in raising them. Will they be respectful? Study hard? Make wise choices?
Time will surely tell!
Blessings,
Deb


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that must feel really strange, sending two kids off to college the same day! I wish them luck as well! Now that Slimmer this Summer is drawing to a close, I am inviting fellow challengers to join a new challenge. Come and check it out! http://thriceblessed-lessofme.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, I know how you're feeling. It's hard and amazing at the same time. For me, it's been hard watching my kids make their own decisions. They have a firm foundation in the Lord and have good values, but they do go their own way. For me, I'm still parenting...from the side lines. I can't help myself.

    When they make mistakes, I help when I can, let go of what I can't control and love them through the whole process. Oh and of course pray!! It's all I can do.

    Keep focused on your plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you did great and they know it. I am so jealous. How wonderful to be young and in that wonderful learning phase of life with so many possibilities. It's great, isn't it???

    I wish them the best. Feel sure your love will get them through it.

    And welcome into the group of challengers for the Xmas Dress Countdown! Pick your dress. Pick your book(s) and calorie counts and exercise(s).

    Later, babe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!