Sunday, July 31, 2011

slimmer summer wrap up

New Goal thanks to Tanya. Last week she did a no sugary treats for the week. So Im going to 'copy' her but Im doing it a bit modified. Im going to start with no sugary treats Monday. AND then go to Tues. etc...Id say its for the whole week. BUT, Im so afraid of failure. When I fail, I fail big. When I see Ive messed up, so mess up BIG.

Example: My BFF has leukemia and my son and I drive 1.5 hrs every week to mow the yard at her rental house. This week when we went down, I had forgotten the cooler of snacks and after we mowed, we were SO HUNGRY!! This rental is in a small town with a Sheetz, thats it, no places to eat, just Sheetz. So after browsing, I ate a Krispy Kreme donut, along with some apple wedges. YUM!! It was so good!! Its been so long since Ive had one, and I wanted it so bad.  So I gave in. Then on our way home we both were still hungry. (donuts dont hold you very long). As we were going thru another small town, we came to a McDonalds and a BK, and KFC. Son chose McDs. I ate French Fries, and im not talking a small either!! But, again, it was so good!!! And I know, deep down I was feeling a bit guilty, cause I got a bottled water to go with it.

Weekly wrap up: 212 (up one pound)   I cant get on my livestrong account for some reason, so i dont have my calories for the rest of the week. I do know that they were all between 1000 and 1400 daily. AND I got my water in every day but one. I have a 25 oz bottle and i make sure I have 5 of them in before I go to bed.

I really really miss the gym!! The variety I can get there. I dont have weights at home, and I miss working on my jello giggly arms!!

Have a blessed week.
Deb


Sunday:
Calories 1200
Water: 60 oz
Movement: 6 miles walked/jogged
Sleep: no
Moisterize: no
Vitamins: yes

Monday:
Calories 985
Water: 120oz
Movement: 6 miles walked/jogged
Sleep: no
Moisterize: no
Vitamins:yes

Tuesday:
Calories 1610
Water:  120oz
Movement: 2 miles walked
Sleep: no
Moisterize: yes
Vitamins: no

Wednesday:
Calories 965
Water: 120oz
Movement: walked/ jogged5 miles
Sleep: no
Moisterize: yes
Vitamins: yes

Thursday:
Calories
Water: 120 oz
Movement: Walked/jogged 6 miles
Sleep: no
Moisterize: yes
Vitamins: yes

Friday:
Calories
Water: 60 oz
Movement: 3 miles
Sleep: yes
Moisterize: yes
Vitamins: yes

Saturday:
Calories
Water: 120
Movement: walked/jogged 4.1 miles
Sleep: yes
Moisterize: yes
Vitamins: yes

13 comments:

  1. My limit has been 1 sugary treat PER WEEK, that is the calendar week. I usually end up with a donut with my coffee one of the days. Last week I had a piece of cake and then the next day, a guy brought a box of donuts. I said no to the donuts because I knew my one treat for the week was already 'spent'. It took a while, but now I'm used to it. In the beginning, I 'cheated' some, but hey the only person who lost with those cheats was me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid of setting too strict goals, even still, even after all those challenges. Part of me still thinks of failure. Hah. Old habits die hard.

    I wish you the best new week of striving for health. (And, ya know, I moisturize a lot, enough for the both of us, hah! I even carry moisturizer packets in my purse, just in case I dry up. Menopause dried out my skin (and hypothyroidism), so moisturizer is essential.

    Keep going. All of us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

    There is not fail, just giving up, and we're NOT going there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Just keep going. And please, no donuts or fries this week! Definitely keep up the exercise and the water. It's not easy, but no one can do it for you but YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like setting strict goals sets me up to fail, so I like the idea of taking it one day at a time. And don't worry about that extra pound - just move on, and tackle the new month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Shannon - just move on. This is just a bump in the road. Next week will be better if you do what you know you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, just move on! Avoid those donuts this time though! :-D And if you MUST eat at McD's, order the Asian Chicken Salad, or if they don't have that (not all of them still carry it.) Get a side garden salad and order a grilled chicken sandwich but tell them to hold the bun and the mayo. Cut the chicken up and put it on the salad little by little if it won't all fit at once. Add the lettuce and tomato from your bun-less "sandwich". OR just order the bun-less sandwich, and wrap the lettuce around the chicken breast and eat it, wash it down with the bottled water. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I won't TOUCH Crispy Creme, or even look at one too closely... if I have one... I tend to lose control. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking things one day at a time is the way to go sometimes, and committing to reducing your sugary intake - even if it's for only one day - is better than no reduction. It's a process.

    Just don't forget your snack pack this week so you can avoid the fries and donuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you know where the pound up came from. I bet you take that off and more this week.

    Maybe put some snacks into your car (that will keep in summer) just in case you forget that cooler again??

    You are a good friend to her. Bless you. michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. So this is a new week, just get back to eating the good for you and you'll do fine. We all mess up, we all try our best. So just keep going. You are doing awesome.
    Also, I am very proud of you for driving so far to help your friend. That is great.
    Take care and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donuts & McD's are the devil... LOL.. only cause they are so tempting and hard to pass up (well that & they aren't so good for ya either I guess:-). As long as you go back to the healthy eating & it's not the catalyst for falling off the tracks of healthy eating it's ok to do that once in a while:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on the sweets thing! I never thought that I was addicted to sweets, but I've been consuming too much and I'm craving them now. Very unusual. Gotta break that. I'm not eating a ton but still enough. Starting tomorrow, I'm doing that too. No more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!