Sunday, June 12, 2011

Scale seperation anxiety

So, how very silly of me to have not thot of this before, but!!!!!!! Ive been weighing in on two different scales. I work at a doctors office so every morning when I get to work the first thing I do is hop on that scale. Then Tues, Fri, and Sat when I go to the gym, I hop on that one too. Im not sure what Im so afraid of. Maybe that Ill start gaining and when a weeks up, Ill have gained so much I want to give up?? Im afraid of not being in control?? Is this a good habit or  a bad habit? Am I obsessing over that number? If you look at my 'weigh in' days, they are not consistent, Every time I see a loss, I get excited and post it............

So from now on my 'normal' weigh in is Sat at the 'official' gym scale!! I cant guarentee I wont step on the scale at work once in a while, but, Im going to limit myself, at least now, to everyother day. Then maybe I can go three days!

Yesterdays Stats:

Calories: 1259
Movement: 5K!!
Veggies: 2 servings!!
Fruit: 2 servings!!
Water: 120 oz

2 comments:

  1. I weigh myself 4 or so times a week. I don't weigh if I slept awfully or very very little or if I went ballistic with salty food, as both are causes of bloat for me. Generally, I like to weight first thing, after bahtroom, just to see how I'm fluctuating or progressing based onw hat I ate. If I notice an undue uptick, I check my food log to see what may have done it...might be too little or too much fluid, too much salt, too many carbs, etc.

    I think once a week is great for most folks, and a few times a week is fine for monitoring purposes. As long as you're comfy with the mood/mindset. If it's obsessive, then yeah, slack off, cause that's...stressful.

    I hope this second week is a fabulous challenge week for us all.

    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently stopped weighing in every day. I realized that I was letting the fluctuations effect my mood and eating too much. I believe it slowed my weight loss. Good luck to you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!