Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mishmash of emotions

What a week of anger, trusting, and wanting to quit.

Thurs: On Tues AM my son had his braces removed. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! But, (there always has to be a but). Long story short.............WHen he was in 4th grade he had a door slammed in his face and it broke one of his very large misaligned teeth in half. Ended up with a root canal and crown. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!! (no insurance) Fastforward to Tues. Now that teeth are aligned they need to put in a new crown. After an xray, the dentist proceeded to tell me that the root canal was not done properly and he needed to see an endodontist to have it redone. SO...........this morning at 530 we headed for Pittsburgh. Of course this ended up being only a consult and we had to make an appt for 3 weeks from now. BUT, the amazing thing..... This root canal will be only half the cost of the first root canal. Makes me wonder if I was taken advantage of 8 years ago!!?!?!?

Tues: My BFF (bracelet girl) had a regular check up with her oncologist. She ended up being admitted to the hospital because of dangerously high liver function tests. Liver biopsy tomorrow. Every time she has a docs appt she takes a verse with her. On Sunday after our walk she asked me to give her a verse. I immediately God breezed the following:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
So appropriate. My BFFs husband is in China for work for 3-4 months. She would love to go and be with him for two weeks. This docs appt was to see if she could be cleared to go. Trusting in the Lord to direct her path..........If the doc says no, then we take that as NO!! She still needs all her immunizations, and need the first round of them, and clear blood work.
SO...........after getting the call that she was admitted. I immediately questioned WHY!!!! and then I was slammed with my verse. TRUST!!!
My prayer is that because of her exercising, she bruised her liver. Praying that the cancer has not spread, Praying that it is not graft vs host !!!!  Trust!!!

Blessings
Deb

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for the very best for your BFF. I can't imagine the worry but that pray, oh is it so right for this. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, with all your wouls and all your mind. It's hard to do but with his love all things are possible.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers, Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!