Sunday, June 19, 2011

If the coat fits..................

Tonight was our annual church picnic. Mennonite women can cook and bake like no other. YUM!! And we always have homemade ice cream!!

The picnic is held at the local park, so three of us decided to get together and walk laps before the picnic. So with water bottle in hand, we walked 1.5 miles before we ate. Im so thankful for friends who are on the same journey as I am. We can bounce ideas off each other. Pick each other up.

Every time we came to the pavillion the line was LONG. (over 300 people attend) So we would walk another lap. We waited til last, and thankfully most of the 'good' food was gone. I ended up with a salad, and lots of watermelon and cantelope!  (I did have a very small scoop of homemade icecream at the end of the evening.

I love compliments. I used to run the other way, or find ways to not hear compliments. Im learning to accept them and say THankyou!. Several weeks ago a very special friend from church walked up to my husband and asked where I was. She had been looking all over church. (I was standing right beside him, but with my back to him)  She later told me that she didnt recognize me from the back anymore.  I teared up and thanked her. I now love to have people talk about the changes they see in me.

My BFF was on a cruise to Alaska almost two years ago. While there she bought a coat. Unfortunately it was to big for her. When she came home, she wanted to give it to me, but it didnt fit. I couldnt zip it up. HOW EMBARRASSING!! It was to big for her, and to small for me.  Tonight at the picnic, she brought that same coat, and had me try it on. I CAN ZIP IT UP!! Small accomplishments like this make it all worthwhile!!!  This is why I keep on keeping on!

Blessings
Deb

5 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful that other people recognize and applaud your efforts, you're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a difficult time with compliments about my weight as well. Congrats on the coat. That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the coat - that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am so glad to see that you have a blog that I can follow! Thanks so much for your comments over on mine. I have really enjoyed reading them!

    Jennifer
    http://www.wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Congrats on being able to wear that coat now! What a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!