Saturday, June 25, 2011

Epilepsy Run/Walk

Today started early for my household. 5AM to be exact. And it was on a Saturday!!! But, what a wonderful reason to get up early and drive to Pittsburgh. We were heading to the run/walk to support Western and Central PA Epilepsy Foundation We ended up not spending the expected 30 minutes in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, so we got there EARLY!!  But it was so nice to walk around and see the sights, and stretch.

We registered, picked up our prizes, and went to the table for breakfast.

Free Krispy Kreme donuts. along with apples, bananas, water and coffee.

Then Andrew Stockey from WTAE channel 4 , and a Pittsburgh Pirate, (whos name I missed) had a few openning words.  They also handed out 3 scholarships.

And they had a lady signing. (I thot that was awesome!!)

Then we went to the start line

This was a fun nontimed, nonbibbed, run/walk.
We ran beside PNC Park and then down by the river. It was beautiful. And the weather was cool today!
I ran for 10 mins, then they had a water station, so I stopped. I shouldve kept going.  Then I did some walking and jogging intervals. Still didnt make my goal of running the whole thing. BUT THAT WILL COME!! I did beat my last time by 2 minutes!! This course was mostly flat. (YEAH!!!!) 
When we finished we joined the tailgate party 
Free pizza, hotdogs, pretzels, chips, water, beer, and cookies, apples, and icecream.

My daughters best friend went with us. Hubby, daughter, and best friend did the 2 mile walk. Best friend says next year she wants to run.  Its so much fun to get more people 'hooked' on running!!

Thank you to those who supported us. We had a wonderful time.

Blessings, Deb

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Thanks for sharing! I did my first 5k last fall and I am hooked too(obviously now that I have crazily committed to training for a half marathon!).

    Jennifer
    http://www.wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!