Thursday, June 16, 2011

5K for Epilepsy

Epilepsy Fun Run Walk  This year my daughter has officially been diagnosed with epilepsy. She has struggled with seizures her whole life, but everyone kept saying 'she will grow out of them.' This year we were told, that we are past the 'growing out of them stage' and she has been diagnosed with epilepsy.

My family is walking/running in the 5K run 2 mile walk in two weeks. If you would like to sponsor us, click on the above link, then click on the "sponsor participant" button. I am registered as Deb Hershberger.

Have a blessed day.
Deb

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, finding a worthy event that is exercise and community at the same time is a wonderful thing. You're a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully having a firm diagnosis will make your daughter's condition easier to treat! My daughter has a friend with a severe case of it...but last year my girl kept getting confused between epilepsy and Appaloosa. So now we say that our family helps support Appaloosa. (We do the local walk and other fundraisers.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad was on epileptic meds for the last 14 years of his life. Seizures are scary. :(

    I wanted to make sure you met goal. Now, you have.:D I hope they find a cure, and I hope your daughter's life is beautiful and, hopefully soon, free of disease. I still believe in miracles. :D And science. Both.

    Happy Father's Day weekend. Enjoy the family time loads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could I would but I can't but I wish you the very best for you and your daughter. My best friend has epilepsy so I sure do understand.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thots and opinions!